MirrorSync 3 JDBC and deletion control

This topic is 2795 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I am using MirrorSync 3.02

My scenario has 2 teams each syncing to the same file on the server.

We will have 2 Sync configs, 1 for each team.

Team A Sync config using JDBC

Team A will get an offline copy of the same file that is on the server, with ALL the data.

Team A will sync ALL tables (2 way sync).

No problem there.

Team B Sync config using JDBC

Team B will get an offline copy of the same file that is on the server, but with only a SUBSET of the data (we will take a full offline copy and then delete many of the records).

Team B will sync a subset of the tables (2 way sync).

When team B syncs, will MirrorSync detect the missing records as deletes and the delete the associated records on the server? ( this is not what we want ).

If yes, is there a way to prevent this or a better way to handle it? XML and the customization script and disable deletes?

Hey Marty!

First of all, for team B, you need to build a custom SQL statement in the MirrorSync config client (there's a checkbox for setting this on the same screen as the primary key pull-down menus).

Once that's working, that simplifies everything else. You can either:

1. Do exactly what you're talking about - manually delete records from the offline file, and since they don't exist on the server either (according to the custom SQL filter), MirrorSync will ignore those deletions.
  2. Distribute a full copy of the file with all records. On the initial sync, MirrorSync will figure out that a bunch of records on the offline file don't match the SQL criteria and will delete them.
  3. Distribute an empty clone of the file with no records. On the initial sync, MirrorSync will add all the records from the hub that match the SQL criteria. This is the option I would recommend, if the number of records on each offline device will be fairly small.

If the SQL filtering is a pain in the ass, you can can still use the XML option with the MirrorSync customization script to achieve the same effect.

• Newbies

This server had some issues and sync was not successful in the past few days.

We uninstalled Mirrorsync 2  and removed the 360Works folder (including the mirror sync data) and then installed MirrorSync 3.

Now I am realizing that we have a fresh MirrorSync 3 setup and 2 servers that are out of sync (we are doing a server to server sync).

If I choose the sync a full copy of the file... option, will it see any records missing on either server as a deletion and delete them from the other server?

Or, will it upon initial sync, merge the 2?

Our scenario:

2 Servers - Sync the "same" file, but data is out of sync

Record 1 exists in File A but not in File B -- Record 2 exists File B but not in File A.

After the first server to server sync with MirrorSync 3, will both Records (1 and 2) exist in both Files (A and B)?

Or will Record 1 and 2 both be deleted from both Files?

If the latter, is our other option:

- reinstall MirrorSync 2 and put back in place our backup of the SyncData2_MirrorSync folder

- then use MirrorSync 2 to get the files back in sync?

- install and config MirrorSync 3

This topic is 2795 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.