"Count if" in a filed

This topic is 2638 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I've done a lot of searching on this and can't find a solution. All I need to do is count how many records in one field has the word "clacorp.org" and also the word "sadccf.org". The field only has two allowable entries, which are: "clacorp.org" and "sadccf.org". I would like to get a count of the "clacorp.org" entry and put the number count in one field and get the count of "sadccf.org" and put the number in another field. 

I tried: ValueCount( FilterValues( List( domain_name); "sadccf.org")) and other caulations but can not get the numbers I need. 

I am only using one table. I need to know how many clacorp.org emails and how many sadccf.org emails. Seems simple but I am stumped.  

Edited by Grady Tracy

two new calc fields: 

isClacorp = PatternCount ( domain_name ; "clacorp.org" )   

isSadccf  = PatternCount ( domain_name ; "sadccf.org" )

two summary fields:

isClacorpCount = Sum ( isClacorp)

isSadccf = Sum ( isSadccf )

• Like 1

• Newbies

Thank you so much for your help. The solution you gave worked great. I tried the "patterncount" but I did not do the summary field. I went to bed last night when this problem running through my head. I had a hard time sleeping last night, so I was happy to see the response when I woke up this morning. Thank you so much for your help!

Edited by Grady Tracy

actually I think I was also over tired when I posted -

the latter two fields would be a Summary field using the Total of the corresponding fields. however that only evaluates correctly to the found set of records as a summary operate on the found set.

This topic is 2638 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.