Concatenating "%" in Go to URL automatically writes "%25" instead of "%"

This topic is 2342 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi all,

I'm an FM novice who has a functioning database, and I'm trying to add layers of functionality to it. One feature I'm trying to design is a script to search through a Gmail outbox with certain keywords.

In URLs, "%" translates to "%25". Filemaker appears to do this automatically - In Gmail syntax, you need to write "in%3Asent" to have the Gmail search bar contain "in:sent" which searches my outbox. Here's my current code for Go to URL:

"https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#search/in" & "%" & "3Asent+" & (Field unimportant) & "+" & (Field unimportant)

This "%" bit translates to "%25". I've tried "\%", I've tried creating a string, x, then having it open x, but no matter what I cannot get "%" to show up as-is, it always translates to "%25". Is there any way around this? I've tried subtracting text, but I just can't seem to get it to work. Any bright ideas? I can't find an answer to this specific question of disabling URL string substitution.

Edited by Hoytopher

You said 'Go to URL' -- is this in a web viewer? Or are you using an 'Open URL' script step?

What happens if you just let FileMaker do its thing? I.e., if you send:

"https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#search/in:sent+" & (Field unimportant)

PS: please update your profile so we know what version of FileMaker you're using, what system, etc.

This topic is 2342 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.