Object jump

This topic is 2198 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

FMP 15, Adv, Windo10 64-bit. When I click on a layout object, it jumps a point or two, even if it is aligned to the grid. This is driving me crazy making it hard to organize objects on layouts. What could be causing this and how can I stop it?

It happens every time and I'm pretty careful when clicking. I've even resized some objects so their height is a multiple of the minor grid step height.

• 1 month later...

FM Pro 15 Adv and Windows 10. This has been going on for some time and is driving me crazy! Has anyone else experienced this: click on an object or field in layout and it jumps (moves) a pixel or two. I have to continuously re-align the object. This happens whether or not the object is touching a grid line. I have tried turning on or off the snap to grid and snap to guide. It makes no difference. So I generally leave them both on. I haven't posted this on other FM forums, but perhaps I should.

I was experiencing this after upgrading to 12 I think. Anyway, what I found was that if my field borders were set to less than a full point it was causing objects to jump. For instance I had fields that were set with a border of .25 ( hairline ) . When I changed them all to a full point it fixed the problem.

May not be your situation but something to check for maybe..

Edited by Ron Cates

• 5 months later...

I've asked this question some time ago and never got a good answer, so I'll try again.

Just about every time I click on a layout object, including fields, the object jumps a point or two. I have to readjust its position. This happens on both my desktop and laptop computers. Both use Windows 10 64 bit.

I usually have align to grid on but it makes no difference. The jump happens if align to grid is off. It also makes no difference if the object is aligned to the grid or not. When I click on it, it jumps. It does not matter what theme I am using.

I merged your two topics on this need, that way we can see what was suggested before.

I noticed that you didn't reply to this.

On 9/24/2017 at 7:59 AM, Lee Smith said:

Try turning off the "Snap to grid," by deselecting the checkbox

Lee

This topic is 2198 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.