This topic is 1220 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hey,

what happens if I create a solution in FM16 and use the "Card Window" feature and someone else who still has FM15 wants to work with my solution? Will this work or is it not even possible to run the FM16 solution?

Thanks in advance,

Mike

It will run but it will throw an error 3 (not supported) when your script comes to the line where you show a new Card window.  You can trap for the error and branch around it and do something else if your user does not have 16.

You can also specify 16 as the minimum version required to open the file, that's a setting in File Options.

• Like 1

This topic is 1220 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By Tony Martin
      I have an auction calendar (layout - "Calendar") with properties that display address, date, time and location data on it from the PROPERTY table.  When users log in and enter the layout, they see the calendar for the current day.  These properties are common for everyone, and have a unique "PropertyID".
      I have two additional tables with key ID fields - the first is a USERS table with basic info about the user including their "UserID".  The second is the USERPROPDATA table with a "UserID" field and "PropertyID" field.
      What I'm trying to accomplish is to allow the USERS to add their own pricing data (that only they can see) into a couple of fields from the USERPROPDATA table (Fields are "UserPrice1" and "UserPrice2"), but I'd like them to be able to do this via the "Calendar" layout.  Again, this layout displays data from the PROPERTY table.
      Because I'm fuzzy on creating effective relationships (I'm new), I'm not exactly sure of the best way to do this.
      In the "Calendar" layout, I have a portal to the USERPROPDATA table displaying the "UserPrice1" and "UserPrice2" fields.  When a user enters data in the portal, a record is created in the USERPROPDATA table with the UserID, PropertyID and the data from UserPrice1 and UserPrice2 in it.  The problem is - everyone can see that data.
      I'm getting stuck on how to show only the logged in users' data for those properties.
      Any help is greatly appreciated.  Thank you in advance.
    • By Dimitrios Fkiaras
      Hello all and happy New Year!
      I am working into my first and only solution which expanded quite a bit.
      Now it has 4 modules: HRM, LOGISTICS, CALENDAR and DOC MANAGEMENT

I would like to have a UI similar to what is proposed widely today : A fixed sidebar accordion menu.
      The reason is because I think this type of menu kind of orientates the user in the app. Where he is and where he can go.
      Is there a way to achieve this in FM18? What are your thoughts on this kind of UI and the alternatives?

I have already built an accordion menu shown on a card window - with the limitation that is not visible all the time.

Thanks a lot!

• By Prasad Khandagale
      It’s here!
      Addressing the demand from users from across the world, FM Quizillaa app is now released for Android! Now use your Android handset to practice for the FileMaker certification by downloading the FM Quizillaa app from the Google PlayStore. The new and improved FM Quizillaa app for Android has got an intuitive User Interface and gives better access to all the modules. So, Experience-Practice for the FileMaker 17 or 16 certification exam from anytime and anywhere!
      What the new FM Quizillaa app offers to the customers?
      • More Insightful Dashboard and Results page showcasing the performance through graphs and numbers
      • Enriched User Interface for a better experience of practice test.
      We would like to thank all users of previous versions of FM Quizillaa which was available only on iOS so far. Experience-practice by downloading the app from Google PlayStore! https://lnkd.in/f5QqRqY
      Happy Learning!
    • By Panagiotis Alexoula
      Hello there.

First of all im newbie in fm. I use the filemaker 16. I want to make a new base that keeps track of pages and especially registerstations and log ins. So i created 5 tables:
      "sites, user_names, passowrds, emails and account_descripion) I linked the tables with relationships. I created a portal witch have fields from three different tables, a field user_name from table user_names, a field password form table passwords and a field email from emails table. When i insert the first line(raw) in the portal ιτ seems to work. but  if i try to insert values in the second line (say in a site you vave two accounts like facebook one ofiicial and the other one "a fake account") it seems that something is not working properly. I upload a 3m12sec video to show you what i mean. Please check it if you have the time.
      Also, the source file that im working on is in this link (filemaker 16 file):
      https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zW1jC6-dL1I9zEplo7Xw0dL3Wy8onKkl

Thanks for your time

• By Quant
      Hello,
      Could someone help me with this question?
      I have a row in a portal in wich i would like to make a calculation: Bedrag= Cases*Prijs,  but if Hoeveelheid is filled in then it should calculate Bedrag= Hoeveelheid*Prijs.
      The fields are all numeric. The calculation should be possible on one row, in this example i have made it on two.

Yours sincerely
      Frans

• Who Viewed the Topic

1 member has viewed this topic:
    Daemon 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.