The site is updated on a beta version. Maintenance tasks are running so search and index may not function at this time. ×

Accessing FileMaker Data via ODBC from Microsoft Visual Studio 2015

• Newbies

Hello all,

I installed FileMaker Pro ODBC drivers, and was able to access the data with queries from Microsoft Excel.

However, when I tried to access the same data with the same driver using Microsoft Visual Studio 2015, it could see the table occurrences, but it couldn't find any of the data columns.  It came back with the following error:

" Error at Data Flow Task [ODBC Source [1]]: There was an error while trying to get schema information. Table has no columns."

I got the same error, no matter which table occurrence I selected.

Has anyone else run into this and solved it?

I have been google searching without much luck.  Although I found one post of someone who claimed they were able to do it with Microsoft Visual Studio 2017, so maybe an upgrade is in order?

Thanks in advance,

Chris

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By 34South
      I previously used ODBC Manager (32 bit)  to great success importing data directly from Filemaker Server to JMP. I recently upgraded to Catalina (MacOS 10.15.5) and knew that one of the casualties would be this ODBC utility. I downloaded the 64 bit ODBC manager from Actual Technologies and successfully installed it but get the following message when trying to open an FM database from within the ODBC interface in JMP:
      dlopen(/Library/ODBC/FileMaker ODBC.bundle/Contents/MacOS/fmodbc.so, 6): image not found
      I have navigated to Actual Technologies' web site believing I should download an ODBC driver but this comes at a hefty price tag, especially when converted to my local currency. Given the increasing costs of maintenance contracts and SSL certificates I had hoped to avoid further expenditure. Do I really need this and is there an alternative?
    • By andyCodling
      Apologies if I've put this in the wrong place.
      My Filemaker solution uses a FM database and an ODBC connection to a MySql database that is used to serve data to a website.
      I have complete read/write access to the data in the MySql database from inside FM and thus control of data published on the site.
      I would like the MySql database to be able to access tables in the FM database in the same manner.
      I have set up an FM ODBC connection to our FM server and that is visible in my local ODBC Manager, have tested the connection and that is good, but I can't see any way in the MySql apps I have installed on my system to create a table in the MySql database using live FM data, in the same way that I can make a table in FM using live data from the MySql database.
      Is it possible to do this?
      My main MySQL app is SequelPro.  And occasionally MySQL workbench and associated tools.
      Thank you.

Andy Codling

• By TimP
      I have been attempting to connect to a SQL database on my network using Monkeybread Software and each time that I attempt to do it I have encountered the same error, which I have attached here. I have set up an ODBC connection as well as made sure that I had the names correct, however I have gotten the same error message each time. Thank you for your help.

• By jim.weeda
      For about 12 years, we've had a FileMaker database import external data from a .mdb  (Access) database that has data that is downloaded from some equipment.  The process has survived several computer upgrades (Windows XP and Windows 7) and FileMaker version upgrades (created in 7 and currently running in 16).  It broke when we moved into the Windows 10 environment.  The script is set up to retrieve the data from the .mdb file and it says it can't access the file.  So when I dive into the script and try to specify the ODBC connection it now asks for a username and password.  We've never had a user name or password tied to either the .mdb file, the ODBC connection, or the FileMaker file.  But no matter what we try, we can't get past this step.  Is this a bug?  What am I missing here?

Thanks in advance.
    • By Scott Pon
      Using MS Access 2010. Filemaker 13 Pro, Filemaker 13 Server.
      I have a MS Access database that that I programmed to do a lot of calculations and creates data. Now I want that data saved in a Filemaker database.  I was able to create ODBC connection to the Filemaker database.  I am able to view the Filemaker tables/data in MS Access.  
      At 8AM daily I want the Access database to do the calculations, and then insert the data to Filemaker . However every time I try this, the Filemaker Login Screen comes up.  And I would have to manually enter the username and password.
      Is there any way to bypass the log on screen?
      Thanks in advance.
  • Who Viewed the Topic

10 members have viewed this topic:
    anteas  Ron Cates  Backe11  comment  kurucay2000  mr_vodka  doughemi  LaRetta  Jarvis  bcooney 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.