mysql-connector-odbc fails to import on Windows

human

This topic is 724 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I created a solution on Mac/FMP 19 which imports data from a remote mysql database, using the "Actualtech" ODBC driver. Now I need to migrate this solution to Windows 10 running FMP 19. I installed "mysql-connector-odbc-8.0.28-winx64.msi" from Oracle's site, and set up the DSN. I can verify that it works because I can add the external mysql DB to my relationship graph and see all the data in a layout. However, when I try to import the data into a local table, it imports zero records with no errors reported. Here's the script. The import is an "add", and currently dialog mode is on so I can try and debug it.

• Go to Layout [ “tempsdb_List” (tempsdb) ]
  • Import Records [ ODBC Data Source: colo; SQL Text: SELECT `player_view`.`bpm`, `player_view`.`CI`, `player_view`.`client`, `player_view`.`Cmt`, `player_view`.`dateCreated`, `player_view`.`dir`, `player_view`.`dur`, `player_view`.`editDate`, `player_view`.`fileID`, `player_view`.`fileName`, `player_view`.`Kwds`, `player_view`.`ndfile`, `player_view`.`note`, `player_view`.`Secs`, `player_view`.`Status`, `player_view`.`Title`, `player_view`.`year` FROM `player_view`; Target: “tempsdb”; Method: Add; Character Set: “Windows ANSI”; Field Mapping: Source field 1 import to tempsdb::bpm; Source field 2 import to tempsdb::CI; Source field 3 import to tempsdb::client; Source field 4 import to tempsdb::Cmt; Source field 5 import to tempsdb::dateCreated; Source field 6 import to tempsdb::dir; Source field 7 import to tempsdb::dur; Source field 8 import to tempsdb::editDate; Source field 9 import to tempsdb::fileID; Source field 10 import to tempsdb::fileName; Source field 11 import to tempsdb::Kwds; Source field 12 import to tempsdb::ndfile; Source field 13 import to tempsdb::note; Source field 14 import to tempsdb::Secs; Source field 15 import to tempsdb::Status; Source field 16 import to tempsdb::Title; Source field 17 import to tempsdb::year; ] [ Verify SSL Certificates; Data contains column names ]

I tried setting it up as a unicode DSN and then again as an ANSI DSN, neither works. And the SSL setting seems to have no effect. "Import Options" are all grayed out, not sure why. Also, above where it says "source field 1," etc, when I select the sort order those are actually matching field names.

Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by human
update

Correction - it's actually a "MariaDB" database, but the ODBC connector works for the relationship graph and I can see the data, so I would think import should work.

On 4/1/2022 at 9:47 AM, human said:

Correction - it's actually a "MariaDB" database, but the ODBC connector works for the relationship graph and I can see the data, so I would think import should work.

Tried it on a mysql database as well, still imports zero records, but no errors. I opened a ticket with Claris and so far they are stumped as well. Certainly I can't be the only person with this problem, can I?

Now I know why, at least - Filemaker 19 on Windows using that ODBC connector cannot import from a mysql view, only an actual table. Strange because it can access all the data in the mysql view via the relationship graph, but simply fails to import anything. Bummer.

This topic is 724 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.