Hi Support team,

We have planned to host the 5GB filemaker file in the FileMaker Cloud for AWS. The Cloud backup will be taken for every 20 minutes. We don't need the backup for that 5GB for every 20 minutes. Is there anyway to select multiple files and to take the backup of the selected files only in the FileMaker Cloud for AWS?

Please let me know.

Thank you,
Selvakumaran

No.  And since this is an AWS backup and not a regular FMS backup, you don't need to worry about the time it takes vs. a standard FMS backup nor the disk space it consumes.  If that is the reason why you don't want a backup every 20 mins.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By drrehak
      I am wondering if anyone else finds logging into Filemaker cloud cumbersome.  I have a long email address for my business. Its going to be annoying for my staff to login and out of multiple workstations.
      I preferred using the server authentication with a simple user name login. Now it appears that I need to have my staff login with a Claris ID.

• By Hee
      Hi , i recently upgraded to the cloud 19 server , i am trying to figure out wherei could upload the plugins to the cloud to be used in webdirect and go.
      i would appreciate if smeone could direct me on this.

• By alta_flyer
      I have 2 users who handle data input on a database file but upwards of 100 Clients who require search only capability, but only 1 or 2 would access the information simultaneously.
      I don't believe I need to Host the Database via webdirect but could I export the data via XML or HTML and use a web based App to create the Website with the data search capability. Such as WordPress?
    • By 360Works
      Get the Best Benefits When You
      Host FileMaker with 360Works
      A few weeks ago, we announced our new "Guaranteed Reliability" FileMaker hosting services to better support remote workers. We offer cloud hosting for your FileMaker Server with numerous benefits for reliability, security, and support for our FileMaker products.

Perhaps, one of the best benefits is that MirrorSync, our award-winning and top selling FileMaker synchronization tool, is pre-installed and hosting for MirrorSync is completely free when you host with 360Works! (You will need to purchase your MirrorSync software separately, but keep in mind... MirrorSync ships with one sync configuration of FileMaker Server to FileMaker Pro or Go, plus one device seat, free of charge!)

MirrorSync is an elegant synchronization product that makes it simple for people working at home or in the field with poor network connection to work on offline copies of your hosted database, whether on iPads, iPhones, or laptops! It can sync between any combination of FileMaker Pro, FileMaker Go, FileMaker Server, SQL database (MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server, or any database that supports JDBC), Salesforce, WordPress, Amazon DynamoDB, and Amazon RedShift.
      Did you hear about all top 10 benefits you receive when hosting FileMaker with 360Works? In case you missed the buzz, here are the top 10 benefits:
      "We moved our last rack-mounted server from our office to AWS about eight years ago.
      Until then, I didn't realize how much time we spent scrounging for space on hard drives, power and network outages, and remote access issues. 
      Now, I don't have to worry about whether we can keep working because of a storm or a construction crew cutting our cable, and working from home is simple no matter where people are located."

- Jesse Barnum, President of 360Works
      Get Started Now
      New 360Works
      Hosting Page  
    • By Veselko
      Hi all,
      I have a idea to establish progressive backup on AWS S3 bucket.

Client has a 3GB database (on aws machine) , and I we already use progressive backup in every 5 minutes.
      But, in case that main server crushes down, we have another, backup server, also AWS machine. Now, client wants that in trouble situation, save data as much as possible, and came up with this idea - progressive backup on AWS S3.

Is this possible? Does anyone tried this?

Thanks in advance,
      Ve

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.