it seems that php and xml publishing will not work on Linux based servers in 19.

it is my understanding that zulu uses xml... will zulu no longer work if we port our server to linux?

opinions apreciated.

pierre

Hello,

Zulu does indeed use XML so currently it is not supported for FMS Linux. We are planning on modifying Zulu so that it will use the FileMaker Data API instead of XML so that it can be used in FMS Linux. I do not have an ETA as to when that will be. When that is available we will announce it through our newsletter and social media accounts so be sure to subscribe to those so that you know when it is available. 

Ryan, 

thanks for you answer. We use ZULU and would like to see this happen. 

I am all for looking forward.. but XML is still pretty hot.. hehe. they could have moved this one. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By DataCruncher
      Hello Crew: 

So during beta, everything worked fine and I was delighted to see FMS 19 for Linux go into the first production release. 
      So we installed Centos 7 anew, put an instance of FMS 19.1.2.234 on it - and it seemed to be running fine. 

First indication of problems: File upload through the Sharing menu option did not seem to be able to connect to the server. 
      No biggie - so we hard-uploaded into the opt/FileMaker/FileMaker Server/Data/Database directory, changed ownership and permissions - and voila - the web interface shows the hosted file just fine. 
      Webdirect works like a charm and we can access the file. 

ONLY: Accessing that machine from a Filemaker Pro app connects - but something is amiss. 
      On first connection, it gives this warning that it is not using a SSL connection - which is weird, we installed the Claris test cert so it should be SSL. 
      Second, once we accept that we are connecting to a non-secure server: 
      FileMaker Pro 19 app says: 
      No files are currently hosted on (HOSTIP). 

WHAT GIVES? I am staring at the open file hosted right in my web admin. I am logged into it on webdirect. 
      Why on earth would I not be able to connect through Filemaker Pro 19 from a Mac? 

Am I missing something dead obvious here? 

HELP!

UPDATE: 
      I am hosting three files on the FMS19 Linux now: 
      The sample file; 
      a TASKS file; 
      and my business File, TEST. 

I can see sample and Tasks - but TEST does not show! What am I doing wrong? 

Thank you!
    • By Kent Searight
      Hi all,
      I installed CentOS 7 (minimal) on a Mac Mini 6,2 Server model with Dual HD (250 GB SSD), got FMS 19 running on it, all was well.
      But if I try to reboot it or restart it the power light comes on but the OS doesn't appear to startup. I thought it was a fluke so I reinstalled everything from scratch, had everything running nicely again, held my breath while I did a reboot ... and the same thing happened.
      If I connect a monitor to it after a reboot attempt it's blank, i.e., no Terminal, nothing. It doesn't show up on my network at all.
      Is there something in particular I need to do to get this particular Mac Mini model to run CentOS? I Googled and found nothing.
      I'd really like to get a little more life out of this machine as a Dev/Test server, so I'd greatly appreciate any help offered.
      Thanks!
      -Kent
    • By dbservices
      The official release of FileMaker Server for Linux is here! In this article, we cover the benefits of this new version of server. Also includes a tutorial video. 
      https://dbservices.com/blog/filemaker-server-for-linux

dbservices.com

• By Joost Miltenburg
      LS,
      We are migrating to a new FileMaker Server 19 as the hardware is getting old. 
      Currently we are running Server 14 with web services enabled.
      How can I setup the new server to run both on the same network? Can I change the ports without any problem?
      Thanks for the input!
    • By DataCruncher
      The CentOS FMS19 performs strongly so far; but which ODBC/JDBC driver should I use? 
  • Who Viewed the Topic

2 members have viewed this topic:
    Gilbert13  jarea 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.