whats the real fmpro8 database server

This topic is 6673 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Often business solutions are multi-tiered. By this I mean that the user interface and business rules were built using some programming language such a C++ but the data is held in a database program such as Oracle, Micorsoft's SQL Server, MySQL, etc. The interface & business rules feed to, and draw information from, the database. In a setup like this the application and the database work with each other and depend on each other but they are really two separate programs.

In a two-tiered setup like I have described the interface portion is often called the "front-end" and the database is often called the "back-end". Your person is probably asking what back-end database your FileMaker solution uses. The answer is of course, FileMaker. The folks at FileMaker have bundled the front and back ends into a single application. This is both good and bad for reasons that I won't go into now.

If this is what they are asking, the answer is FileMaker.

To be more precise -- in the client/server setup, the back end (server) is called "FileMaker Server" and the front end (client) is "FileMaker Pro". These are two different pieces of software and are purchased separately.

What's unusual about FileMaker is that the Client (FM Pro) can also function as it's own mini server (useful for groups of up to say 5 people). This often causes confusion about the client/server distinction.

whats the several section of the fm's programming language or what commponent used or what company has communicated for fmpros done (such as ibm apache, ...) and what has been done by these companies. in other means whats the real technical characteristics of fms products.

whats the several section of the fm's programming language or what commponent used or what company has communicated for fmpros done (such as ibm apache, ...) and what has been done by these companies. in other means whats the real technical characteristics of fms products.

Sorry, but I don't understand your question(s) Can you rephrase it? Is English not your native language? Maybe you can get someone to help you rewrite it?

There is a list of major companies on that use FileMaker listed on FMI's site. Here You can change the search and have it listed by industry too.

Also, there are several Sponsors with adds and links to their site. Some of them are proud to display major client names.

HTH

Lee

This topic is 6673 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.