solution or do it my self

DrunknMonk

This topic is 6276 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hello,

What I need is some advice in reguards my Business, MW Graphics, Graphic design, sign maker, screen printer, Litho printing & exhibition design, I'm after some estimating & job sheet software either making for me in filemaker for mac or do i attempt to do my own, i can use software like photoshop, illustrator, quark, execl, please can you help

Gary

You're the only one that can answer this question. A lot will depend on your FileMaker skills, and your time that you can devote to learning and developing, not to mention your deadline to have it up and running. Although, FileMaker has a reputation for being easy to use and create things in, it still has a learning curve. No matter which way to choose, you will want to start with a list of things that you want in your database. Next, you should prepare an ERD, that way you can organize things some. Again, depending on your skill level, you might want to look at some of the resources that are mentioned in our Resource Topic Area.

To help you with your decision, you might want to look at any and all solutions available in this industry now. I did a [color:red]Google Search for [color:blue]t-shirt Screen Printing FileMaker, and got a ton of hits, so you might find somthing that way.

I have also written a good friend of mine about this, and will post back with anything he provides (or he will).

HTH

Lee

• Newbies

Lee, thanks for the reply, first thing if I don’t understand filemaker with in a week I get bored, I had to do this in dreamweaver DVDs and books, I would like to learn or I might need to pay some one, I have already done this using a developer using a pc :) & Microsoft access, but I feel like I’m going backwards, access is so old fashioned and I cant tell you what I think of pc's sxxt! I've looked on the net and I can find software for estimating for printing companies but not all the services we do, I don’t mind paying for it but it has to work and on (macs), can I use this forum to ask people to contact me regarding making this for me, or am I better asking a company to do this for me or do you have any ideas who can do this for me please

Thanks for your help

Gary

• 1 month later...

This topic is 6276 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.