Uninstalling Option 2

This topic is 4542 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

My client downloaded and installed the new 2.832 SuperContainer to deal with the Jave update issue. Unfortunately, they just double-clicked on the installer.jar file, which means they used installation option 2, installing SuperContainer into Apache Tomcat. We had been using SC with option 1, as a standalone server.

I had the client open installer.jar and use its uninstall option. However, two problems remain. First, the images display in the web viewer at their original size, not sized to the web viewer. Second, when I access the database via Internet, the web viewer displays an error:

HTTP Status 500 -

type Exception report

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

java.lang.NullPointerException

com.prosc.supercontainer.web.JSPModel.getIconUrl(JSPModel.java:425)

com.prosc.supercontainer.web.JSPModelFilter.doFilter(JSPModelFilter.java:96)

com.prosc.supercontainer.web.ActionFilter.doFilter(ActionFilter.java:103)

com.prosc.supercontainer.web.RegistrationFilter.doFilter(RegistrationFilter.java:82)

com.prosc.supercontainer.LogFilter.doFilter(LogFilter.java:38)

note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache Tomcat/5.0.28 logs.

It seems we have not fully uninstalled option 2. What do we need to do to return our server to its original condition? Must I reinstall FileMaker Server? Or perhaps just change the Apache config file? Worst case scenario is a full reinstall of Apache, which would probably mean a full reinstall of the OS X.

Thanks.

Gary Sprung

Hey Gary,

There should not be a reason you would need to do a complete reinstall of Apache or your OS X. Also, if you are available anytime between 10am - 6pm ET, it may be best for you and I to try and tackle this problem via a quick screen sharing session. If not...

Judging from the stack trace that you have posted... it looks as though the file you are trying to access via SuperContainer does not exist in that location, or perhaps, a file exists in that location, but is not of a valid file type (i.e., the file has no extension -- someFile as opposed to someFile.jpeg).

Although, to get a better idea of what is going on, could you please send me a bug report containing the full crash log to the e-mail address listed below?

If you are wanting to run SuperContainer in standalone mode, you would want, as you have suggested, to uninstall using the Installer.jar file SuperContainer from running through FileMaker Server. After it has been uninstalled in that respect, you can then launch SuperContainer in standalone mode by double-clicking the SuperContainerServer.jar file that comes with SuperContainer.

Hopefully this post answers some of your questions.

I look forward to hearing back from you,

This topic is 4542 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.