Server Maintenance This Week. ×

"Go To Related" Record Set behavior via PHP

This topic is 4484 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a situation where users see projects they are assigned to. Multiple users can be assigned to multiple projects so I'm using a join table. Currently, using web publishing users are able to see all their assigned projects in a list view that gives basic details of the project. I do this by using a search for their user on a join table layout. To see specific project details they click a link and the website takes them to a detail page which is found by doing a search on a project layout for the specified project. To go to the next project they have to go back to the initial search results screen (join table layout) and then click the next project.

The users want to be able to just click a previous / next project link once they are on a project detail page to get the next record.

Any ideas how to get php to return all project records that are related to the current found set of join table records for the user?

Then the user could navigate between the set of found project records without having to go back to the found sent of join table records.

In FileMaker I could do this using the "Go to Related Records" script step.

• 3 weeks later...

This is actually not as trivial as it sounds - you need to store their list of ProjectIDs in an array, know which one they are viewing, and then traverse the array one up or down from where they are.

research has also shown that people actually don't deal with lists in a sequential fashion anyway - they pick and choose. You might be better off spawning some child windows that close on update, thus showing them their list as the previous window beneath...

This topic is 4484 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.