Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Printing related tables

angbrav

This topic is 4440 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi everyone!

I've been reading lots of post about printing a portal.. but I didn't find a solution which could solve my problem. The problem is the following:

I have a table in my DB which is storing bills. Each bill is composed by products. Products are represented in a different table. Both tables are linked by billID.

In the layout which is going to be printable, It has a header and a footer where I am placing all the stuff I want to be replicated in every page. Plus, I have a body part which is just composed by the products which are composing the bill. Right now, I am using a portal to place those products. My problem, which I guess is a common problem:

I don't know if one page of products is going to be enough so I would like to dynamically generate more pages in case they are needed.

Thank in advance. I hope I clearly expressed myself.

Manuel

Hi Manuel,

I suggest that you print from a layout based upon Products. Create a new Report. This allows grouping the report by BillID. Be sure to sort by BillID as well. This setup will allow for multiple pages of products and you can even specify in Part setup to allow page break before every BillID.

Place fields from the Bill table in the leading sub-summary part. It can be as large as necessary to make it look like an invoice or whatever.

• Like 1

I have done what you told me. One problem has shown up!

I am placing the fields from bill in the leading sub-summary part. When I go to "preview mode" the entire part disappears.. so the fields, which I want to print, don't appear any more.

Is there option to set the sub-summary part printable?

Thank you

This topic is 4440 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.