Primary Key Field Not Showing Up During Configuration

This topic is 3501 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm setting up a new MS configuration (v. 2.109) with about 12 tables. All tables have the primary key and creation/modification dates on special MS layouts as required. When I get to the screen that allows me to define the primary key field for the tables, the key field for one particular table is not appearing in the drop down list. I've tried removing it and re-adding it to the layout with no effect.

I noticed that there are far fewer fields in that drop down list than exist in the table. What are the criteria for a field to be available in the list?

Thanks,
Jason

If you're using developer-managed keys, then we show all text and number fields.

if it's MirrorSync managed, then it's all text and number fields that are also set as auto-entered values.

Sorry, I checked closer there's an extra condition: we don't allow you to select a field if we detect that it matches the FileMaker UUID pattern (because you should select developer-managed if you're using UUIDs)

• 2 months later...

I am using a developer-managed schema & have an auto-enter text field that is not showing up during configuration.  The auto-enter is not at all close to what a UUID would look like.

To give you a little more info... The field that does not show up during mapping is in my sales order line items table and is named ID_Inventory.  There is another field named ID_Inv_DataEntry that is visible to the user to input the product identifying info (UPC, ISBN, ID_Inventory, etc.) during data entry.  Based on what is input, the auto-enter calculation on the ID_Inventory field inputs the ID_Inventory from the Inventory Items table.  I don't understand why this text field is not showing up...

Thanks for your help!

This topic is 3501 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.