FileMaker v13 Admin Console

This topic is 3193 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I've just upgraded my FMS (Windows 2008R2) from v13.0.1 to v13.0.5 (or whatever the latest is). I'm now finding the Web Console to be extremely slow, to a point where it'll easily take a few minutes to click on a tab to actually see a page beig displayed.

Upgrade has been done in two steps (to v13.0.3 and then to v13.0.5 as indicated by FM) and I've also rebooted the box just to be sure. During installation no errors appeared.

Before the console worked fine.

Anybody else see this? Anything I can do to fix it?

No, not seen this.  Ask your FMI rep to give you the url for the full v5 FMS installer, uninstall FMS from the windows control panel, delete any remaining folders that are left behind, reboot and reinstall the full v5.  Perhaps that will clear it up.

Thanks Wim, I'll keep that as a last resort. We've got an annual site license so getting the full version shouldn't be a problem. Might check with support first to see if there's an easier solution. (only reason I haven't checked with support yet is because its weekend, and making changes like reboots is easier on the weekend as there's noone using the system).

I've just upgraded my FMS (Windows 2008R2) from v13.0.1 to v13.0.5 (or whatever the latest is). I'm now finding the Web Console to be extremely slow, to a point where it'll easily take a few minutes to click on a tab to actually see a page beig displayed.

Upgrade has been done in two steps (to v13.0.3 and then to v13.0.5 as indicated by FM) and I've also rebooted the box just to be sure. During installation no errors appeared.

Before the console worked fine.

Anybody else see this? Anything I can do to fix it?

I've had this exact problem several times with FMS 13 running in Windows 2008 R2 (spinning loading icon and minutes to load any page in the admin console).  Other than that issue the entire installation was performing fine.  After multiple calls to Filemaker Support, their only suggested fix was to completely reinstall a fresh version of Filemaker Server after performing a complete uninstall.

To be fair, I haven't seen this issue crop up since upgrading to FMS 13 v4 but it's pretty sad when your best practice is to simply flatten and reinstall.

Thanks James,

Good to know uninstalling FMS and reinstalling will likely fix the issue. I've been talking to support about this as well, and they suggested the same, though couldn't confirm it was a sure fix. 

Upgrading from v12 to v13 also requires a complete uninstall/re-install. So I'm not completely surprised by this solution.

Annoyed for sure, in this day and age, you'd expect to be able to run an upgrade executable and simply upgrade your older version. 

And if the upgrade fails for some reason, support should have an acceptable fix (ie, delete this setting file and reboot the box).

Anyway, I'll have to schedule this out of hours sometime.

I'm currently in the process of creating another scheduled script, and every step on the console is taking about 5 minutes.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Aurgg!

I waited long enough to upgrade my client all the way to FMS14.  But still have this issue.

I don't think it is the hardware, 2.2G Xeon/24G Ram/1T Drive

or the Software Server 2008R2E SP1, JRE 1.8v40 installed

If it is not the hardware then it has to be something in the OS configuration.  I've installed a dozen FMS14 by now and none of them have the issue...  I also never had it happen on FMS13 on my deployments so since it happens for you on both FMS13 and FMS14 on the same box, with the same OS then those are the places I'd suspect.

Any chance you can do a clean install of the OS at some point to get rid of any gremlins?

Agreed, I too have done dozens of 13/14 installs and never saw this issue.  Except for this one client.

I don't administer this particular server it is another consultant.  reinstalling the OS is not my call.  But I will float that.  This server worked fine with FMS11 and 12.  This issue didn't appear till FMS13.

Thanks.

I can't recall a specific article, but memory tells me reading an article at some point stating you might have to clear the cache/settings for Java. Maybe uninstall java completely, clean temp files/folders, cache for java etc, and reinstall java. Check with support what the recommended java version is for you v14.

Also, disable AV or any other (security) software temporarily to see if that has an impact. I use Sophos Cloud and the webfiltering component impacted the Admin Console. 

This topic is 3193 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.