This topic is 3330 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Is there a way to make a popover open with a script? I see a "Close Popover" script step, but I don't see one for opening a popover.

I'm trying to make a window pop up for creating a new record when someone clicks on a link in the Virtual List Sidebar Menu I've got going.

Maybe I'm supposed to just use a floating window for that? I want a window where someone clicks in the menu, the window pops up, and they have to deal with it – either filling out the form, or cancelling – before they can move on with anything else.

I'm thinking maybe it can't be done because...where you going to stick the popover in layout mode? But if I can't do that, what's next? Floating window? Modal window? 

Thanks, in advance, for any input. 

--

Rick Horowitz

Filemaker n00b

Hi Rick,

Give the popover panel an object name and use a Go to Object [ Object Name: yourPanel ] script step.  Optionally, control animation with a preceding Set Script Animation [ On/Off ] step; animation is off by default when a popover is opened via script.  You can hide the popover's button (Hide object when: True), as you'll be using a different button to open it.

hth,

Mark

This topic is 3330 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.