Sign in to follow this  
klausfilip

import text via http (style sheet ?)

i want to import into filemaker from a text file which is a result of a http request.

(in filemaker 11!)

actually, what i get back from the http-request in a browser is a simple
OK 1204888105
now, if i do this via filemakers script step “Import Records” and XML Data
to be able to write a http request, i get the obvious error:
XML parsing error:

invalid document structure

Line Number: 1
Column Number: 1

so i was wondering, if there is a possibility to write a XSL style sheet, that can help me
grabbing this text into a record.

a style sheet, that presents this short text to filemaker as XML data ?

thanks for any thoughts !

klaus

I am not completely sure what you are trying to do, but if the result is just the text you show here then it isn't in XML notation and I don't think a style sheet would help.  If it is an html page then insert from URL is what I would suggest but it looks like you are on FM11.  If this is a response to an API call of some sort I think your best bet would be the Baseelements free plugin. (http://www.goya.com.au/baseelements/plugin)

Then maybe you could use the BE_HTTP_POST ( url; parameters {; username ; password } ), to request the page and then the results come back and you can capture those to a field or variable.

Set Variable[ $result; BE_HTTP_POST (  url ; parameters {;  username ;  password } )]

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By ash1474
      I tried few calculation in Filemaker like substitute trim etc but did not get same result.
      Google sheets has nice function JOINTEXT any help to replicate/convert the function in Filemaker calculation.

• By Jim Gill
      This is probably one of those questions which separates me from people that make money as developers and those that don't (that would be me).  I have a simple script that compares two variables. The variables are populated with  text (Peoples Names).  Basically, if the the two variables are TRUE (the variables are equal) I want to stop the script.  Despite the two variables being equal - the IF continues.  I have noted when I use the same numbers to populate the variables - the script works as expected.  Please tell me Filemaker is smart enough to evaluate text in variables.   Below is the my script and attached is a screenshot of my debugging efforts.   
      As always - thank you to the people here which share your wisdom - a big reason I love Filemaker so much.  
      Jim
      IWP: IWP: Bunk Choice Select
      #This script allows WebD users to select bunkmates for the coming summer.
      #List All Chosen Names
      Set Variable [ $BR_List; Value:List ( BRE__BUNKSREQUEST_tog::Bunk Request Choice 1;BRE__BUNKSREQUEST_tog::Bunk Request
      Choice 2;BRE__BUNKSREQUEST_tog::Bunk Request Choice 3;BRE__BUNKSREQUEST_tog::Bunk Request Choice 4 ) ]
      Set Variable [ $BunkRequest; Value:Agegroup_Names_List::Name_Full ]
      Set Variable [ $BR_Check; Value:FilterValues ( $BR_List ; $BunkRequest ) ]
      #IF check to see if the names has already been selected
      If [ $BunkRequest = $BR_Check ]
      Show Custom Dialog [ Title: "No Duplicates"; Message: "You have already chosen this person. Please give us FOUR differnt names!
      Thanks!"; Default Button: “OK”, Commit: “Yes” ]
      Exit Script [ ]
      End If

If [ BRE__BUNKSREQUEST_tog::Bunk Request Choice 1 = "" ]
      Set Field [ BRE__BUNKSREQUEST_tog::Bunk Request Choice 1; $BunkRequest ]
      Else If [ BRE__BUNKSREQUEST_tog::Bunk Request Choice 2 = "" ]
      Set Field [ BRE__BUNKSREQUEST_tog::Bunk Request Choice 2; $BunkRequest ]
      Else If [ BRE__BUNKSREQUEST_tog::Bunk Request Choice 3 = "" ]
      Set Field [ BRE__BUNKSREQUEST_tog::Bunk Request Choice 3; $BunkRequest ]
      Else If [ BRE__BUNKSREQUEST_tog::Bunk Request Choice 4 = "" ]
      Set Field [ BRE__BUNKSREQUEST_tog::Bunk Request Choice 4; $BunkRequest ]
      End If
      Commit Records/Requests
      [ Skip data entry validation; No dialog ]

• By JH Howland
      Filemaker Pro 11 is running on two Windows 10 computers connected as Host and Client over a network.
      The script to import data from an Excel .csv file utilizes the following script step options:
          1. Un-Checked - Specify data source - File
          2. Check - Specify import order, Import Action
              a. Select - Update existing records in found set
              b. Check - Don't import first record (contains field names)
          3. Check - Perform without dialog
      When the Import script is run from the Host computer, and the desired .csv file is manually selected, the Excel first row field names are not imported and the second row with the data is imported as expected. (See Host Import Mapping)
      When the same script is run from the Client computer, the Excel first row field names are imported and not the second row data.  To get the proper result, I have to leave the check box for "Perform without dialog" unchecked and then manually, from the "Import Action" group, check the box for "Don't import first record (contains field names)" to get the proper data imported. (See Client Import Mapping, check box is no longer checked)
      Is this caused by a defect in FMP 11?  I can't figure out why this is happening.

• By trevix
      On windows 7 (VMware on OSX), using FMP17 and Microsoft Access 2016
      Trying to do a ODBC import and selecting the datasource, I get asked for Username and password, even if the Access DB is not password protected.
      The data sources are correct (tested from Livecode) and should be working without user name and password.
      On the properties of the ODBC pane setup the path seems correct (not pointing to 32): %windir%\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe
      What am I missing?
    • By Jhon Doe
      Hi everyone,
      I'm a beginner in FM, and i'm trying to develop a solution that allows me to import data from a csv file. I have two related tables Customer ("parent") and Alerts ("child"), each one has a primary key and the Alerts table has a foreign key to conect with the Customer table. I have to populated the alerts table from a cvs file that could have lots of records so I want to relate this new data to the right customers automatically when i import it, the new data does not have a field with the customer ID (primay key) only has its name. Could you please give me any advice with that?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.