Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Listing only goes to 500 records

This topic is 3086 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi, I'm doing a newFindAllCommand in a db with 5000 records.  I get no results unless I set my $myFind->setRange(0,500); , which only returns the first 500.  500 seems to be a cut-off point for some reason, Is this a thing?   Also, I want a varCount that doesn't refresh back to '1' when the next 500 records are displayed, i.e. the next record numbers should say 501, 502...

Thanks again!

Dear Randyinla,

I don't believe there is a preset limit (well, it defaults to 25 records, but you've set the range to obviate that) - but there certainly is a limit for how much data can be passed before there's a timeout.

You are better off paginating to only show say 50 records per page, and then use the skip etc to find the next / previous range.

http://www.databuzz.com.au/simple-pagination-with-the-filemaker-php-api/

I actually wrote a pretty nice pagination module, but the FWebSchool forum is dead, which is where my master copy was... Blah... See if I can dig up a version from an old website

• 2 weeks later...

I'll see what I can find - it was a long time ago, as I spent a few years on straight FM  support so a lot of my web stuff isn't easily at hand...

I didn't check the databuzz code, but they're pretty decent programmers - might have a trawl through that as well...

Cheers

Webko

This topic is 3086 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.