Server Maintenance This Week. ×

How to hide records that are no longer needed?

This topic is 2822 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Greetings good people,

I would like to take up your time if you could lend a hand in helping me on how to hide records that are no longer needed.

To be more specific, I created a database with employees record in it. Any new employer will be put in the database and update his/her profile. My question is if an employee is no longer working with us, we want to keep his record but somehow exclude him/her/them from the current working employees.

Options that came through my mind is that I could mark them as EX-EMPLOYEE on their photo in red or something like that but that would still include them with the current staff. So I want to hide them permanently like they've been deleted but when needed, we can show them who were they with all their past records still intact etc.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Use a field called something like status with a value of 1 if active or 0 if inactive. Then you can easily use this field in filtering or find requests to exclude inactive records.

6 minutes ago, emtau said:

My question is if an employee is no longer working with us, we want to keep his record but somehow exclude him/her/them from the current working employees.

I would suggest entering a date in a DateTerminated field when an employee leaves. Then you can add this as a condition to any find.

• 1 month later...

This topic is 2822 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.