Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Unable to perform Find function on a drop down list value

This topic is 2472 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I assist with a FMP 11 database that manages projects and related data, about 10,000 projects currently.

I setup a new tool that tracks a ADL requirement with a simple YES/NO drop down value list. Users choose if the project requires ADL tracking by selecting YES/NO, and we have a layout that lists all 10,000 projects with the ADL requirement that shows YES, NO or empty value. This layout also shows lots of other project records that are searchable without error.

I am trying to perform a Find on this layout to display all values with YES selected, or NO selected. The appropriate relationship is setup on the graph so my list shows all 10,000 projects, and other records that are searchable, but my YES/NO value list gives me a  "No records match the find criteria." Before I write a script with a button I am testing the find function steps first, and I keep getting the same error.

I open the layout, click show all (10,000) records.

I click Find then click the ADL Requirement and click either YES or NO.

I click Perform Find and get the No records match this criteria error.

This seems to be a very simple operation, to search records in the database, and for the life of me I cannot find why it isn't working!!

Any help is much appreciated, thanks in advance!

4 minutes ago, rt916 said:

The appropriate relationship is setup on the graph so my list shows all 10,000 projects,

I don't see what this has to do with the problem at hand. If you are on layout of Projects and the ADL field is a field defined in the Projects table, then no relationship is relevant here. 

9 minutes ago, rt916 said:

I open the layout, click show all (10,000) records.

I click Find then click the ADL Requirement and click either YES or NO.

I click Perform Find and get the No records match this criteria error.

Could you post a file showing the problem? If you can reproduce the problem in a new file, so much better. Otherwise post a copy of your existing file after removing everything that's irrelevant to the problem (one table, one field and one value list should be all it takes).

• 1 month later...

I wanted to update this thread in case someone finds it and runs into a similar problem. It ended up being a problem with my relationship graph, where I was matching the wrong field to the related table, thus the search was not performing a query on the correct field. If you run into this, check your relationship diagram and verify you have the correct related field tied together. Hope that helps!

This topic is 2472 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.