Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ScottBaxter

pc
Enable XML Web Publishing

8 posts in this topic

Hi Guys,

We currently have a FileMaker Server instanace running, it already has PHP web publishing running.

I'm just wondering is it as simple as ticking enable XML web publishing for it to be up and running or have I got to restart the server??

Thanks

The XML web publishing option has nothing to do with PHP connectivity.  PHP uses XML, but that is a different option.  Use the PHP option in the Console to enable PHP.

Steven

Thanks for the reply Steven...

I was just wondering do you have to restart the server once you have enabled XML.

Don't restart the entire machine itself, but maybe restart the database server part from the Console.

Steven

Steven,

Do you mean simply turning the server button off and then on again?

Rick.

No No.  Don't ever do that.  I mean restarting the database server service from the command line or from the Console.

Steven

No No.  Don't ever do that.  I mean restarting the database server service from the command line or from the Console.

Steven

I meant the button in the Admin Console, not the physical button on the machine!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• By Joost Miltenburg
      LS,

I am trying to enable Web Publishing tool in FileMaker Server 12.05 on a Windows 7 x64 with Java 7 (update 75) and IIS running (World Wide Web Publishing Service  running normally) . but I am facing this wired error which I can't get rid of. Tried a lot of things I saw on the internet without any luck.

I have attached a snap of the error as well.
      Any tips or ideas are highly appreciated it.

• By randyinla
      Hi, I was successful in creating records with drop down valuelists from my db, now I'd like an edit form on a new page to show those values and edit them. I only see the unedited drop down lists in the edit form.  Here is some code:

$layout =& $fm->getLayout('mylayout');
      $values = $layout->getValueList('statelist');
      $statelist = '<select name="State">';
      foreach ($values as $value) 
          {
             $statelist .='<option value="' . $value . '">' . $value . '</option>';
          }
      $statelist .= '</select>';

$edit = $fm->newEditCommand('mylayout', $_POST['id']);
       $edit->setField('State', $_POST['State']);
       $edit->execute();

$record = $fm->getRecordById('mylayout', $_GET['id']);
      $State = $record->getField('State');

<td><?php echo $statelist; ?></td>

Thanks so much!

• By randyinla
      Hi, I'm used to using tokens with FM 5.5.  What's the best way to pass a field variable thru a form with PHP?  I have a 'club number' field that is auto-entered for the head of a club.  I'd like to pass that field variable thru via a form to a new input form that will give new users that club number thru a hidden input.

Thanks!
    • By randyinla
      Hi, I'm running FileMaker 12 database on a Filemaker 12 server.  With my business file I'm able to sort and delete records, but cannot edit or create new records.  With a second new test file, I'm able to edit, create, delete, everything.  The 2 files have identical permissions and privileges.  I know my PHP is correct because it works on the test file.  The business file was converted from FMP 5.5 to FMP 7 to FMP 12.  It is not a corrupt file.  How can my business file not edit or create new records, yet be able to delete records?
      I appreciate your help!  Here is the file.
      ssvdb.fmp12
    • By Justin Close
      I have noticed for quite a while now (a few years) that often when I try to reopen a hosted file that FMPA will spin for 20-30 seconds and respond with "file not available on this server..." error.  But upon retrying it a 2nd time, it always comes right up.  Anyone else run into this?
      This has happened on FMS12, 13 and 14 for me.  This has been across multiple servers (same client location), different machines/clients, and different files.  It has been just a minor annoyance so I haven't tracked it real well:  I can't attest to whether it happens every single time I open the file; or perhaps it is only after leaving the office (after properly shutting a file down), and then coming back to the office the next day; or ?? 
      Anyone else had something similar happen?
      --  Justin