Server Maintenance This Week. ×

This topic is 2766 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Often we have to revise estimates for a customer, and they may come back and order against an estimate that is not the most recent. I am trying to find the best way to tie all the estimates together with the same Estimate or Job #, and increment a revision #. So far I've created a Job# field, and a Revision number field, but having trouble getting the revision number and job number to increment correctly when I have a new estimate vs a revision.  Any suggestions?

Ben,

There are a few details to hammer out before giving exact advise. The rub is that all our internal relationships are built around the "Estimate ID" field, and you would need to either rewire the entire system, or create a display ID. 

Both of these can be labor intensive. For some more information, please email me directly at [email protected] so we can discuss further details.

Thanks,

Jonathan Hogle

• 3 weeks later...
  • Newbies

I ended up creating "Estimate Prefix" independent of the "Estimate_ID" field.  This is an autogenerated serial number.  When I create a revision, the prefix is copied and the serial number is reset -1, so the next NEW estimate is still in order.  I did the same thing with the "Revision_#" field I created.

This topic is 2766 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.