MartieH

Unsubscribe Link - button?

Is it possible to put the unsubscribe link in CloudMail in a button? Or, put the whole thing into a 'a href' tag rather than showing the full link?

thanks for the help!

Martie

Edited by MartieH

ok, so I tried to surround the [UNSUBSCRIBE] with an <a href.... -- and it worked fine. Still working on a button.....

M

Hi MartiH,

When you put the [UNSUBSCRIBE] in your HTML, CloudMail just replaces that with the actual link to the unsubscribe page. You could do this with a button as well. For example it may look something like this 

<form action="[UNSUBSCRIBE]">
    <input type="submit" value="Unsubscribe from newsletter" />
</form>

I got that example from this stack overflow post. It has some more information that might be useful to you. Hope that helps! 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By neilticktin
      Hi,

We're just starting with CloudMail and while we have an existing AWS account in place, we're new to Amazon's SES.  We've already been approved for static IPs and increased rate, but Amazon Support is recommending that we have two static IPs ... not just one.  
      Does CloudMail support this? If yes, then is it a good idea to have the multiple static IPs? Thanks! Neil
    • By Wim
      I just upgraded server from FM 15 Server to FM16 Server.  CloudMail plugin (ver 2.04) was reinstalled, but mail is now not being sent (or at least not received).
      I did not change the scripts or file, it was just a server upgrade.  In fact the scripts appears to run and act like it is working (no error and I can confirm it is connecting to AWS), but emails just don't show up.
      I know it is older version, but is Ver 2.04 compatible with FM 16 Server?
      Really at a lose of what else to check.... any ideas?

• By jcarter
      Hi Guys,
      I've been using CloudMail for a couple of years now to send marketing campaigns for my company. Just recently I have moved to remote hosting with AWS and now my server is offsite I have noticed some performance issues with cloudmail and a few other areas of my solution.
      To address these issues I have started using server-side scripts to perform labour intensive tasks such as creating bulk records (20,000) at one time. This has resulted in excellent performance once again.
      The problem I can't seem to fix is sending my email campaigns using server-side scripts. I have confirmed the plugin is installed etc on the server and with quite a bit of trial and error, I am still unable to send the campaigns.
      Does anyone have a sample script they use, or any advise how I can get this working?
      I appreciate any help and thanks in advance
      Regards,
      Jason

• By Terrible Toll
      OK - we now have a working CloudMail solution that sends any number of emails with attachments (as URL links). 

I have two minor issues with it:
      1/ Any images that we use on the HTML email (which are uploaded as attachment files, but not specific to each 'campaign') if we use as HREF links, don't work. If I check the message source the URL is there but it is prefixed and suffixed with a pile of coding which messes up the link. e.g. <a href=3D=E2=80=9Dhttp://momentumski.com/=E2=80=9D>. Any ideas what the E2=80=9D is all about?
      2/ The attachment link, which is automatically uploaded prior to send the email opens in web browser. I would like to force this to download which I can do by changing the PDF file metadata to Content-Disposition:attachment on the AWS S3 file storage. I know that it is possible to assign this during the upload to the AWS server, but I don't know if the 360works CloudMail plug-in can manage it. Any ideas?
      Many thanks - almost there ....
      Anatole Beams 
    • By Kurt
      The Cloudmail file is sending out test emails. 
      When the results are called:
      Deliveries show OK - sent four emails - and one where the recip had unsubscribed. 3 were delivered and the unsubscribed wasn't delivered. 
      Views not showing - I opened one of the emails and clicked on a link. No views showed up.
      Clicks don't show - clicked on a link in the 'viewed' email but no clicked showed up in the results.
      UNSCRIBE works

The outbound email was a plain text message. No HTML.
      What am I doing wrong?

• Who Viewed the Topic

5 members have viewed this topic:
    _ian  igservices  Adam S  Noél Dubau  JavierDura 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.