Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Error on insert with custom PK

This topic is 2402 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am seeing an error after syncing when I have a new record on the spoke (FileMaker DB) to be synced into a Microsoft SQL server table on the hub. The MirrorSync setup uses a custom primary key to do the insert into the SQL table.

According to the sync window as well as the sync log, the insert fails. However, when I review the table in SQL Server on the hub, the record has indeed been inserted properly. For some reason, MirrorSync is reporting this as an error. In addition, MirrorSync does not seem to remember the PK of the newly inserted hub record so if I do another sync on the spoke, it inserts it again. If I run the sync 3 times, I will have 3 new records inserted.

This is the error that I see in the log. No further information is available.

table Hub node MS SQL Server/KeyPhrases failed for source nodeId '275'

This also happens on another table as well.

Is this a bug in version 4 of MirrorSync or is there some configuration step that is missing?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as this is preventing us from releasing this solution to production.

Thanks!

Hi Jesse,

Yes, I got your response. I'm checking on it right now.

There is a column in the SQL table that is being inserted as a null. It is a nullable integer so NULL is a perfectly valid entry in SQL, albeit not the best approach. I'm thinking that in the select statement, the null is throwing off MIrrorSync. I have added this field to the sync layout and will make sure it is populated with an integer in the FileMaker spoke to see if that does the trick. I'll let you know.

Thanks for your prompt response to this!

I'm just following up to see if there are any updates on this issue.

If this is a bug, are there any workarounds?

At this point, our project is on hold because we can't release this if we are unable to create new records on the FileMaker Go spoke up and then sync with the MS SQL table on the hub.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

This topic is 2402 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.