Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Withholding selected records from a portal

fumblewinter

This topic is 2337 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

The Problem:

I have a filterable portal (1) displaying contact names from a staff table. I need to click on a contact to add them to a separate portal of invitees (portal 2)  on the same layout (Events) . I then need the original portal to either hide (or in some other way denote) the people already added to the second portal. In other words, it needs to be clear that a person already invited can't be invited again.

The layout is from the table: Events

Portal 1 is showing records from Staff (filterable via a global search field)

Portal 2 is showing records from EventInvitees

I need Portal 1 to only filter through those staff who haven't been invited yet.

Any help would be gratefully received.

I am struggling around using 'conditional formatting', 'hiding when…' options and non-matching field relationships!!

Thanks in advance!

Fumblewinter :)

I think what you're going to want to do is filter the portal. You didn't specify what field gets added to the new EventInvitees record, so let's call it ID.

You can get a list like so: List( EventInvitees::ID )
You can see if a given ID is in the list like so: FilterValues( List( EventInvitees::ID ) ; Staff::ID )

So you should be able to apply a Filter to the Staff portal (in the portal options):

IsEmpty( FilterValues( List( EventInvitees::ID ) ; Staff::ID ) )

In other words, only show the Staff record in the portal when it's not found in the related invitee list.

Note that you may need to refresh the portal (or object, or window) to update the display.

Welcome to the forums! Please update your profile with platform, verson, etc. so we can better answer your questions.

This topic is 2337 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.