Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Web Publishing not running after clean install of FMS18

This topic is 1416 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

On a clean install of FMS18, fresh install of Mojave, web publishing will not run. I initially addressed the problem by wiping the Mac-mini hard drive and reinstalling OS X Mojave 10.14.6. (Mac mini is 2018 model with 16gb RAM and >400gb free HD space.) Then installed FMS 18.0.4. Installed the certificate and the Java JDK 8 update 242. Files accessed by FM Pro work fine, with green lock and normal behavior. WebDirect called from browser on the server using http://127.0.0.1/fmi/webd refuses to connect (with Chrome 81 and Safari 12.1).  WebDirect over the local network refuses to work, too. FMS Admin console shows no problem. WPE.log shows no errors. Activity Monitor shows all FMS processes running, including fmscwpc. 

stderr.log has this code that seems to indicate a problem: 

INFO: Initializing AtmosphereFramework
May 18, 2020 10:07:38 AM org.apache.jasper.servlet.TldScanner scanJars
INFO: At least one JAR was scanned for TLDs yet contained no TLDs. Enable debug logging for this logger for a complete list of JARs that were scanned but no TLDs were found in them. Skipping unneeded JARs during scanning can improve startup time and JSP compilation time.
May 18, 2020 10:07:38 AM org.atmosphere.cpr.AtmosphereFramework addAtmosphereHandler

The address org.atmosphere.cpr.AtmosphereFramework makes a lot of entries into that log. 

Anyone able to decipher this or offer advice? 

The problem seems similar to this post:

Last fall, xochi posted that v.18.0.3 included a fix to intermittent failures of Apache: "sometimes after a reboot on macOS, the apache / httpd server fails to start up.  As a result, FMPro works fine, but WebDirect will be dead, and there's no notifications" The release notes on 18.0.3 do note a fix for it as an intermittent problem. 

But it happens to this machine all the time. After completely fresh install!

Gary Sprung

Gnurps Consulting

It is similar but on our system FM Server says webdirect is running.

Application (From the FM 18.0.3 documentation)

• macOS: After a host machine was restarted, Apache web services (httpd) intermittently failed to start automatically.

But, on our install I get the message that web services is running but it fails to open the website.
Use the filemaker command line interface command fmsadmin to start web services and see if it is running.
Does your server say it is?

Thanks for the information.

My machine's FMS admin console does say WebDirect and the WPE are running.  Command line also seems to indicate it's running. Entering command fmsadmin get CWPCONFIG returns:

EnablePHP = true
EnableXML = false
Encoding = UTF-8 [ UTF-8 ISO-8859-1 ]
Locale = en [ en de fr it ja ]
PreValidation = false
UseFMPHP = true

• 2 weeks later...

My problem was fixed by performing two Macintosh system updates, for security and Safari. I don't know which of them fixed it. But after installing them and restarting, custom web publishing and WebDirect started working again.

• Like 1

Guest Kadak
On 6/5/2020 at 12:21 PM, Gnurps said:

My problem was fixed by performing two Macintosh system updates, for security and Safari. I don't know which of them fixed it. But after installing them and restarting, custom web publishing and WebDirect started working again.

this solved my same problems, Thanks for posting. 

This topic is 1416 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.