Tondats

fmp17 Where do the path file of my apps on Filemaker Go?

Hello guys, good afternoon.

Just wanna ask if where does my apps or the path of my apps put on Filemaker Go? What folder should I access in the iPad?

Thanks!

Get( DocumentPath) or Get( TemporaryPath ) will give you the accessible paths. iPads, as are iPhones, are sandboxed and you can't (afaik) access anything outside those locations.

Thanks Olger! :D

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Eli Walker
      I'm looking for advice regarding strategies for storing photos/scans within my database. Currently, I'm of the mindset that I would prefer to have a single 'container table' that is used throughout the database where needed. This table would have a few identifiers, which autofill based on where (as in from which layout, or where on the layout) the container is populated. Then, there would be a single layout where all photos/scans could be browsed/filtered/etc based upon those identifiers. 
      First question, is this design good practice or should I reconsider my approach? Please note that for my purposes a container is not always necessary for every record (i.e. some records will have photos attached to them, and many others will not), and some records will need multiple containers (a record can have more than one photo attached to it). 
      Second, in the case this is good practice, are there any examples available on how to best implement it?
      I really appreciate your time, please let me know if further clarification of my question is necessary. 
    • By john9210
      I can't get find a range of dates with a script. The following script is supposed to find the last 12 records on the layout. The Perform Find results in the error that the provided find criteria is not correct. Even if I use Enter Find Mode and insert the variables, I get the same error. What gives?

Layout [ “Log” ]

Show All Records

Sort Records [ Keep records in sorted order; Specified Sort Order: Log::Date; ascending ] [ Restore; No dialog ]

Go to Record/Request/Page [ Last ]

Set Variable [ $End; Value:Log::Date ]

Set Variable [ $start; Value:$end-12 ]

Perform Find [ Specified Find Requests: Find Records; Criteria: Log::Date: “$start...$end” ] [ Restore ]

//Enter Find Mode [ ]

//Set Field [ Log::Date; $start...$end ]

//Perform Find
    • By DreadDamsel
      Hi.
      I have a database that lists grant applications.
      I need for my user to be able to view the records in a number of ways according to certain criteria for analysis purposes. These records are displayed in a List layout.
      I need to be able to:
      1) see only records where the submission dates are between x and y
      then
      2)  filter these records according to what is selected in  2 dropdowns - Outcome and Status. The Outcome field dropdown value list is : <blank>, granted, unsuccessful, unknown. The Status field is  dropdown value list is: <blank>,submitted, in progress, finalised. The <blank> is where that dropdown criteria are not required.
      Ideally, I'd like to be able to set the dates, select from the dropdowns and perform the find, but happy to do it in 2 steps if necessary.
      I've tried several things from solutions found searching the internet, but nothing seems to work and I'm getting increasingly frustrated with it. I'm not a coder and anyone good enough to help me out here needs to be aware of this. While I've been using FM on and off for a number of years, I'm by no means an expert or even near it.
      Thank  you in advance for any guidance with this. You guys have helped me out in the past.
    • By Bikeman17
      Does anyone know about a plug-in for Sales Force?
    • By Pedro8000
      Hi there - I need to create a simple crosstab report and wondered if filemaker 17 has this functionality built in ? If not can somebody point me in the right direction on this please. It would be very much appreciated. 
      Also once ive created a series of reports how can i combine them so they appear at the press of a button in a single document ?
      Any help would be much appreciated.

Peter

• Who Viewed the Topic

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.