Tondats

fmp17 Where do the path file of my apps on Filemaker Go?

Hello guys, good afternoon.

Just wanna ask if where does my apps or the path of my apps put on Filemaker Go? What folder should I access in the iPad?

Thanks!

Get( DocumentPath) or Get( TemporaryPath ) will give you the accessible paths. iPads, as are iPhones, are sandboxed and you can't (afaik) access anything outside those locations.

Thanks Olger! :D

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Matthew R White
      I'm not sure which section this goes under. I need help integrating RC2FM with my filemaker database. I'm looking to hire a developer.
      Any recommendations?

Thank you!

• By wjmartin
      I work a lot with multiple windows open on the same Record. Something that is driving me mad right now is; I have a Field open in one Window and I try to edit the same Record in another Window. But of course I get the Record Locked message. Because I have multiple Windows open I have to go clicking through all my open Windows to release the Record -  which is very irritating. I thought of making a Script containing the Commit command which I could quickly run with a Command-[Number] keystroke. But Commit only works on the frontmost window. 
      Is there some workaround that would let me Commit the Record across all of it's open Windows?

• By mvoogt
      Say I have a 2 page letter pdf in a container. I want to make a 1 page pdf that is 11X17 of this PDF. Do I need a plugin to do this? If so what? Or can I achieve this natively in FM?
    • By rwoods
      Hello
      I am integrating with Apple's GSX API's, and one of the functions allows you to download a PDF of a 'DepotShippingLabel' which we need to send faulty parts off to Apple.
      The data is sent as an application/octet-stream. I have tried saving that data into a FileMaker field, and then using 'Export Field Contents' to a path that resolved to
      Get ( DesktopPath) & "mypdf.pdf" However, the resulting file is not recognised by Preview or Acrobat.
      Does anyone know how I can convert this type of data into a usable file using Filemaker (or an custom/plugin functions)? I can't post the whole data here as it contains sensitive data, but below is the beginning and end of it, just so you can see what sort of data I am being given by Apple. It is just plain text that I have moved into a text field.

JVBERi0xLjQKJeLjz9MKNCAwIG9    <lotsOfDataRemoved>    k+PgpzdGFydHhyZWYKMjQwOQolJUVPRgo=

Any hints or tips would be appreciated!
    • By trevix
      On windows 7 (VMware on OSX), using FMP17 and Microsoft Access 2016
      Trying to do a ODBC import and selecting the datasource, I get asked for Username and password, even if the Access DB is not password protected.
      The data sources are correct (tested from Livecode) and should be working without user name and password.
      On the properties of the ODBC pane setup the path seems correct (not pointing to 32): %windir%\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe
      What am I missing?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.