Help with Scripts

This topic is 7215 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I'm new to FileMaker and am trying to create a script that allows me to download a pdf file. I want to match the AD ID with the appropriate pdf of the ID and then using a button to download the file. Any help would be appreciated since I'm not even sure where to begin. I've tried a few things so far, but none of them have seemed to work.

Is there a way to declare variables in Scripts inside FileMaker? I would need to do this because the AD ID changes with each record.

Thank you in advance!

Hi, Jackie, and welcome to FM Forums! There's no way to pass the data from a field to an Import script step. The only two options i can think of:

1. Prompt the user with the data from the field, show the message "Please select this file for import," and then when the user clicks Continue they can select the appropriately-named file. You can do this by not specifying a file name in your Import script step. This method obviously leaves much to be desired.

2. The way i would do it depends on a Filemaker plugin. It's possible there are free ones to do this, but i'm not aware of any. One that you could buy comes from a company called Troi Automatisering, and it is called the Troi File plugin. If you're developing this database for other users and not just yourself, i would highly recommend it. You can get info about the plugin at Troi's website.

Jerry

This topic is 7215 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.