Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Label Printers

This topic is 7003 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Jim:

You can try the Dymo 330 series printers, which are fairly cheap, but which also suffer from a lousy case design, which means they're not the most sturdy things in the world. If this is just for a non-industrial type of setup, that should be fine. Otherwise, I'd go with a SATO; something like the CT400, which is an absolute horse, but which costs a lot, and which is not OSX native, and so requires a lot of patience to get up and running.

As far as an address bar code, do you mean the post office bar code, or your own proprietary one? I know the USPS bar code font is out there somewhere, but I don't know what data they put in that line. As far as doing your own proprietary system, you can get a free 3of9 barcode font, and put whatever data you want in there...

-Stanley

Jim:

You can try the Dymo 330 series printers, which are fairly cheap, but which also suffer from a lousy case design, which means they're not the most sturdy things in the world. If this is just for a non-industrial type of setup, that should be fine. Otherwise, I'd go with a SATO; something like the CT400, which is an absolute horse, but which costs a lot, and which is not OSX native, and so requires a lot of patience to get up and running.

As far as an address bar code, do you mean the post office bar code, or your own proprietary one? I know the USPS bar code font is out there somewhere, but I don't know what data they put in that line. As far as doing your own proprietary system, you can get a free 3of9 barcode font, and put whatever data you want in there...

-Stanley

Jim:

-Stanley

This topic is 7003 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.