Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Need help with invoicing DB, how do I control product balance? DB

This topic is 6746 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Please forgive me if I am a bit confusing, I will try to make myself the best understandable as possible.

I am starting a new data base set that will do the invoicing for a small company with some 800 different products.

So far I have 3 databases:

1) Products DB - (CadastroProdutos.fp5) Here I create one record for each product. I have name of product, ID, weight, price, etc...

2) Records DB - (Registros.fp5) Here I a relationship with Products DB, as I create a new record and type the product ID, the filemaker app imports Name of product, weight, price, etc from Products DB...

3) Invoicing DB - (ControlePedidos.fp5) Here I have a relationship with Records DB, and a portal is on the main interface, allowing the creation of new records inside RECORDS DB. So I create a new record in Records DB directly as I type data in Invoicing DB. I found this way a good way of having records separately, so if I want to find out how many pieces of one specific item I have sold, I can do a search in Records DB and find the items independently from each record in Invoicing.

I also tried to create a field in Products DB for "Products in" (Entrou no estoque), "Products out" (Saiu do estoque) and "Products Balance" (Temos em estoque), a way of checking out how many pieces of each product I have.

But I am stuck right now. Can someone help me creating the relationships in between Products DB and Records DB so that each time I insert a new record in, the correct amount of products is deducted in Products DB record?

Thank you

Bernardo Höhl

Rio de Janeiro - Brazil

Archive.zip

• 2 weeks later...

Can I suggest that you try to get a download of the FileMaker Solution framework...it may still be on the Filemaker web site...if not sorry i dont know for sure where to get it...But...it would be good to study(or just use as is)so you would understand easilly how they build a basic structure for the kind of thing you are doing.It will answer many questions all at once!

Hope this proves helpful

This topic is 6746 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.