Script for sorting fields

This topic is 8590 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm afraid that I'm not sure exactly what the trouble you're having is, but perhaps some information about the nature of the Sort script step will help.

When the Sort step is used in a script, the script remembers the sort order that was in place before the script was created. For instance, let's say that you're in brose mode and sort the database by FieldA in ascending order.

Then you go to the ScriptMaker menu and create a new script called "Sort FieldA Ascending" and place the Sort step in, leaving the check boxes for "Restore" and "Perform without dialog" checked. When the script is run, it will sort the found set of records by FieldA in ascending order.

Let's say you want to change the script so that it sorts by FieldA in descending order. Again, while in browse mode, sort the records as you want the script to do so. Then open ScriptMaker and open your script "Sort FieldA Ascending". Do nothing to change the script, but simply click "OK". You will be presented with a dialog box asking if you want to keep the sort order already associated with the script, or replace the sort order with the one you just used. Click Replace next to Sort Order, and then click "OK". You would probably also want to rename the script "Sort FieldA Descending".

Let me know if that helps or not.

Chuck

This topic is 8590 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.