Printing problem, help~~

This topic is 8580 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Yes, basically, you would perform the find you want the script to use, and then enter a script like the following:

Perform Find [ Restore ]

Go to Layout [ Your_Print_Layout ]

Print

Go to Layout [ Original ]

The script will remember the find you had performed (that's what the Restore option is for), perform it, go to your print layout, print the record or records and return to the layout it started from.

This is just a very basic script, however. You might also sort the found records, perform a page setup to make sure that the correct options are set for your printout, trap for possible errors (such as no records found). But this might get you going.

Chuck

Thanks!

I have another question.

After doing find, it list all the record i want. However, i want to print some records beside this found set. I have created a check box in the layout so that i can select(find) the records i want (beside the found set). It work fine! But another problem arose.

In my FMP layout, there is a date field which can auto-enter the modification date of each record. My problem is that FMP5 treat the check box as MODIFICATION and automaticaly updated the date.

I just want to print SOME records from a list of found set, anyone know how to do?

(maybe use script + field +balabala......)

Well, I have an idea of how to keep the modification date from changing when you mark a record, and that might solve your problem.

First of all, make sure that you can alter the modification date field. Create a global date field called gModification_Date. Let's say your check box is called Marked. Marked should be a number field with a value list attached to it on the layout where the only value in the list is a 1. Place it on your layout as you already have, but attach a script to it so that when you click it, the script runs. Here's the script:

Set Field [ gModification_Date, Modification_Date ]

Set Field [ Marked, not Marked ]

Set Field [ Modification_Date, gModification_Date ]

The reason the modification date field is updating is that you are actually modifying the record. What this script does is record what the modification date is, then sets the mark field, and then sets the modification date to what is was before the record was modified.

The "not Marked" portion works because Marked is a number field. If the record is marked, Marked has a value of 1. Then not Marked has a value of 0, and the box becomes unchecked. The reverse happens if the box is not checked.

Chuck

This topic is 8580 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.