To: Chuck

This topic is 8572 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi Chuck,

I can't solve the "modification date problem" that we have discussed last time.

As the field named "marked" is a numberic field, how can i attach a script to it? If i do that, it will become a button but not a field. After i click it (button now), the script run but the value is not shown. Finally, i can't achieve what we have discussed to achieve last time. (Maybe your method is fine but i don't understand....)

Please feel free to help me. Thanks!

A field can be a button. It still stores information (whether the record is marked or unmarked), but when the user clicks on it, it will run a script. Make sure that the field is set to not allow entry, otherwise a user can tab into it and change the value (theoretically) without running the script.

Make sure that the marked field is a number field and that it is set to display as a check box, and that the value list it's attached to has only one value: 1.

This will make it so that when the marked field has a value of 1, it will show an "X" in the check box, and when it has a value of zero (which it will be set to when it already has a value of 1 and the script sets it's value to not Marked).

If all these things are true, let me know, and we'll see what else the problem might be.

Another way to troubleshoot the script is to place another copy of the marked field on the layout, this time set to a standard field whose value you can read directly. Then see how this field changes when the script is run.

Chuck

This topic is 8572 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.