Exporting data from one database to another

This topic is 8627 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Could anyone help me....I am trying export the current record being browsed to another database hosted on the server.

I belive that it can be done by writing a script. Let me explain more....I have a database with names and addreses and I would the option (button) to automatically move this record to another database into the matching fields?

Thank you,

Rob

The trick is to do it from the bdatabase you are importing into.

In db-A, find all the records you want to move across. Switch to db-B. In db-B, runa script that imports from db-a, only the found records will be worked on. Switch back to db-A and do whatever to the records that were just inported: delete them, or mark them as imported or whatever.

Now here comes the bad news. This importing trick only works in a single-user environment bewcause the script has to run on the machine hosting the databases.

The way I have worked around this problem is to mark the records to be imported in dbA then leave them. Once a day (or whenever) I close the databases and restart them (back them up at the same time) and set the import scrip to run at db-B's startup so it automatically runs on the server! The script has an IF (using the Status[CurrentMultiUserStatus] function) conditional so it only runs on the server.

This topic is 8627 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.