Can't Delete Records

This topic is 8195 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Strangest thing:

I cannot delete records in my Web-enabled, FileMaker Pro 5 Unlimited databases--UNLESS I use the Web companion to do so.

I have several databases set without passwords so that users may freely access them through the Web server. If I pull up a database in FMP, select a record by clicking on it, and then click on the Delete Record button, nothing happens. I get NO "Permanently delete this ENTIRE record?" prompt--as one normally would. Nothing.

If I access the same database using Instant Web Publishing, however, it WILL let me delete records.

Also, if I copy this database file onto a different computer, then I CAN delete records.

Any idea what's up?

Thanks!

--Jeremy

P.S. I'm using FMP 5 Unlimited on Windows NT 4.

[This message has been edited by jbutler (edited February 07, 2001).]

• 1 year later...

I'm having a near-identical problem in a new file using FMP 4.01. I can select Edit/Delete Record, but nothing happens. This is the only one of many databases in the same location on the same machine that has this problem, and I can't figure it out.

I'd love to hear the answer to jbutler's question, too. crazy.gif

First, be sure you are using the very latest vrev for the version of FIleMaker Pro you are using:

4.0v3

4.1v3

5.0v3

Second, the file could be corrupt. Move the file to another machine and see what happens. If the file is on the server, take it off and try it as a single user file.

Third, check that your password actually allows the deletion of records. OTOH, this could be a password corruption issue. Version 4.0v1 and 5.0v1 had some issues there.

HTH

Old Advance Man

This topic is 8195 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.