Claris Engage 2025 - March 25-26 Austin Texas ×

New to FM5

This topic is 8613 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hopefully someone can help me. I'm trying to breakdown film scripts by the Actors and their Chrono days in the script. I have set up each scene # as an individual record with Scene #, Location, Chrono, Roles, as fields, but when I try to place more than one actor in the roles field via a portal FM creates another record of the scene with just one actor. What can I do? I also want another lay out for each actor displaying only the scenes he or she is in and then be able to makes notes about that scene. Of course I would like all of this to take place in one main form and then filter out automatically. I'm new to FM so please be patient and fairly basic.

Thanks for the help,

Art

I read yourpost several times and I think I've got it although it hurt my head trying to follow.

You'll need three files:

1. Scripts

2. Scenes

3. Actors

Create a realtionship between the Scenes and Scripts, and another one between the scenes and Actors.

Your database solution will have to flip between these files to use the protals they way you want to.

While in Scripts, create a portal to the Scenes.

To work with Actors, you'll need to go either to a specific Scene file and view through a portal, or go to the Actor file and view a portal of all the actor's scenes.

Hope this hleps, although I may not have decribed it as such, its a fairly simpel solution. If you wnat, send me an email and I'll work on it with you.

------------------

Bruce J

Kansas City

[email protected]

This topic is 8613 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.