follow-up on Report to Text question

This topic is 8621 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I log in registrations for a camp using Pro 5. What I want to do is make a report on just the summary of the number of registrations for each session and the total number of registrations without listing each registration.

I can make such a report and put it on screen in preview mode or print it, but how can I put it in a text form so I can paste it into part of an email message?

Like this for instance:

Hi All Loyal Supporters:

Here is the weekly registration report as of 10/8/00

Session Dates Capacity Camper weeks

B1 Jun 30- Jul 7 36 15

B2 Jul 7 -14 36 23

B3 Jul 14-21 36 34

S1 Jun 30- Jul 7 30 10

S2 Jul 7 -14 30 20

S3 Jul 14-21 30 15

----

Total 117

Note that B3 is almost full.

Dave

Take a look at the GetSummary function. Using it can can get the sub-summary information, perhaps using a script to set a global field to the text you need. Check out the online help for GetSummary. (FileMaker Pro Help from the Help menu.)

Chuck

quote:

Originally posted by Chuck:

Take a look at the GetSummary function. Using it can can get the sub-summary information, perhaps using a script to set a global field to the text you need. Check out the online help for GetSummary. (FileMaker Pro Help from the Help menu.)

Chuck

The GetSummary function gets me the summaries but when I export them, they appear like this:

B1 3

B1 3

B1 3

B2 2

B2 2

B3 4

B3 4

B3 4

B3 4

Instead of

B1 3

B2 2

B3 4

How do I fix this?

I had a similair problem with the printed report, but there I could modify the layout to get rid of the problem.

Dave

Ahh. I wasn't aware that you were exporting the data. I thought you needed it to be available in a script for Send Mail or Open URL. Actually, I just did something like this for the first time.

Basically, you need to export your data with the Summarize by option on. In the export dialog, place the summary fields you want exported (as well as any normal fields) into the Field Order. Then click "Summarize By" and select your break field. Now you should see two sets of your summary fields in the Field Order list, one in normal text and the other in italics. Remove the normal text summary fields, leaving only the italics. Then click Export.

Does that work?

Chuck

quote:

Originally posted by Chuck:

Ahh. I wasn't aware that you were exporting the data. I thought you needed it to be available in a script for Send Mail or Open URL. Actually, I just did something like this for the first time.

Basically, you need to export your data with the Summarize by option on. In the export dialog, place the summary fields you want exported (as well as any normal fields) into the Field Order. Then click "Summarize By" and select your break field. Now you should see two sets of your summary fields in the Field Order list, one in normal text and the other in italics. Remove the normal text summary fields, leaving only the italics. Then click Export.

Does that work?

Chuck

Thanks Chuck. That does the trick.

This topic is 8621 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.