Syntax

This topic is 4585 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm struggling with making a form I am working with sticky. I have everything working just as I'd like and submitting to Filemaker, I just need to make the radio buttons sticky. I am missing something, in the syntax and it has me stumped. I anyone can point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

This line works.

$html .= '<td width="25%" align="center"><input type="radio" name="regcheckin" value="Poor" /> </td>';

This line does not work.

$html .= '<td width="25%" align="center"><input type="radio" name="regcheckin" value="Poor"' if ($_POST['regcheckin'] == 'Poor') echo'checked="checked"'' /> </td>';

I'd like the second line to work if possible.

Here is how I'd do it:

if ($_POST['regcheckin'] == 'Poor'){

$checkedval =' checked="checked" '};//note the spaces before and after the text!

} else {

$checkedval = '':

}

$html .= '<td width="25%" align="center"><input type="radio" name="regcheckin" value="Poor"'. $checkedval .' /> </td>';

Syntax looks fine. I'd suggest you debug what's actually getting posted... at the top of your form processing page (presumably this page), chuck in a

print_r($_POST);

and take a look at the output

From the code you've pasted above, in the second example you have [value="Poor"'] - there's an extra quote there - might be breaking your post content.

The syntax in the original second example isn't really OK, as it has an invalid If statement in the middle of it... The first suggestion looks good, or you could do something like:

$html .= '<td width="25%" align="center"><input type="radio" name="regcheckin" value="Poor"';

if ($_POST['regcheckin'] == 'Poor') {

$html .='checked="checked"'

}

$html .=' /> </td>';

Thank for the help everyone. This is the code I got working.

I need to do more reading on how spacing impacts the code. I was really hoping to get it all on one line but it took a few.

$html .= '<td width="25%" align="center"><input type="radio" name="regcheckin" value="Poor"'; if($_POST['regcheckin'] == 'Poor'){

$html .= 'checked="checked"';}

$html .= ' /> </td>';

This topic is 4585 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.