Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Cannot update popup "help" on PHP pages

This topic is 3929 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

We've created a PHP front end to a FMSA12 backend.  These PHP web pages have popup "help" when the user hovers over a field.  The source of the help content is a Help table in the FM db.

The odd part is that we have updated the help content in the tables but the updated content it is not showing on the web pages.  I have flushed the cache on my browser, tried alternate browsers, tried alternate laptops but the same old help text remains.  I even tried rebooting the server without success.

Anyone have a suggestion where the old content is hiding and how I can force an update?

Thanks

The first place I would look is the FileMaker API command  new FileMaker() in the PHP script and make sure that it points to the current FM file.  I know I have overlooked this when updating hosted files (with the original still on the server), and then wondered why new FM content doesn't appear on my web page.  

Great thought, I'll check because I did move it from "dev" to "prod" ... (checking) ... nope, the Help has been updated in both environments, but thanks for the hint.

That doesn't really answer the question as to where PHP is getting its data.  PHP has no memory, so unless there is another data source involved, the problem must be in the FM or the path to it. Is there a possibility of two different tables involved?

How is the popup generated?  any javascript in the mix?

This topic is 3929 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.