Server Maintenance This Week. ×

360works supercontainer, SCGetinfo works fine in FM, not in IWP

This topic is 3875 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Dear all,

thanks for reading and thinking about this post.

I observe a strange behaviour of my supercontainer plugin in filemaker 11 when used in IWP. Either I´m totally blind what error I created or there is a general problem with my use of the plugin. Any help would be appreciated.

The plugin is used for uploading files to my database on the server. This works fine using FM-clients and IWP; the folders are generated properly and the files are deposited correctly within the folders. The general structure where the files are deposited is:

....cal/SuperContainer/Files/supplychaindata/Bestellung/"  &  ID_Bestellung

So far so good, Using the SCGetinfo command I created a function which checks if a file is uploaded or not and which also generates a hint in a different layout that there is a file containing additional information to an entry (I tried "isempty" and comparing the "lengths" of returned strings, both functions work fine in my FM-client.

However, the same functions which return a result in FM-client just shows a "?" in IWP. All following calculations don´t work since the "?" is returned no matter if a file is uploaded or not. In contrast, the same database and functions work fine if accessed directly via FM-client.

Does anybody have an idea what happens here and  what I´m missing ??

Any help would be appreciated

JZerweck

I moved your topic from "FileMaker Pro 11" to "SuperContainer by 360 Works".

The general topics are meant for the discussion of the tools, function, and features that were new to the release of that specific FileMaker version.

360 works has provided topic areas for each of their products or asking related questions.

Hi JZerweck,

When a plugin function returns a "?", it means the function is not available. Usually this indicates the plugin is not loaded in the environment where the function is called. It could be unable to load due to an error, or it could be missing from the required folder for the environment.

There is a distinct difference between interacting with SuperContainer server through a web viewer and with using the SuperContainer Companion plugin. The SC Companion plugin is meant to integrate SuperContainer functions into FileMaker scripts. It is NOT required to work with SuperContainer in the web viewer. In your situation, it sounds like you can interact with a SuperContainer web viewer just fine in FM Pro and IWP, but not with the SC Companion plugin which leads me to believe the plugin is not being loaded properly. Does this sound correct?

Can you verify that the SuperContainer Companion plugin is installed to the Web Publishing Engine location? It should be in "/FileMaker Server/Web Publishing/publishing-engine/wpc/Plugins". If it is not there, please install the plugin to this location and restart the WPE to load it. You may have to create the "Plugins" folder manually.

• Newbies

Dear Joe,

thanks for your answer. You were right, the plugin wasn´t installed in the web publisher order. After a restart the functions delivered proper values instead of "?". Now everything works fine. 

I would never ever have figured this out, I always thought my workflow is faulty somewhere, so thanks a lot for helping out here.

Cheers

JZerweck

This topic is 3875 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.