Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Printing a layout that includes a web viewer - Help very much appreciated

Jeb1983

This topic is 3620 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi all,

I have a filemaker customer database and one layout includes a webviewer to display the map from google-maps for a customer's location.  While the map is displayed perfectly in browse mode I am having the problem that when I print the record or enter preview mode, the content of the web viewer is blank.  I have fiddled with all options in Inspector but I cannot find a way around this and am finding it very challenging!

One time only, for no apparent reason it displayed correctly in preview but since then nothing -  Is this a known bug?  Any help would be very greatly appreciated as I'm getting ready to tear my hair out.... :-/

I am using FM Pro Advance 11 on Mac  OSX 10.7.5 and this is the custom code I have in the webviewer:

"data:text/html,
<style type='text/css'>
html,body {
overflow:hidden;
}
</style>
<html>
    <head>
        <title>NavText</title>
    </head>
    <body bgcolor='#FFFFFF' TopMargin='0' style='border:0'>
        <iframe width='" & GetLayoutObjectAttribute ( "WebViewer" ; "width" ) &
            "' height='" & GetLayoutObjectAttribute ( "WebViewer" ; "height" ) &
            "' frameborder='0' scrolling='no' marginheight='0' marginwidth='0'
            src='http://local.google.com/maps?q=" & DATABASE::Street 1 & "," & DATABASE:City" & "," & DATABASE ::Postal Code 1 & "&amp;output=embed&iwloc=0&z=17'>
        </iframe>
    </body>
</html>"

regards,

Jeb.

Hi Jeb, and welcome to the forum,

I moved your question from "FileMaker Pro 11" to "Printing” because, the General Topics are restricted to questions about  the Tools, Functions, Features that were introduced with that version of FileMaker, and not for asking How-To questions.

If you have any questions about this action, please contact me via Private Message.

Lee

• 2 months later...
  • Newbies

Hi Jeb

Did you solve this one?

I have exactly the same problem with a web viewer page - browse OK but preview and print is blank. I'm using FMP 13 Advanced with the latest updates.

It feels like a cache problem but anything I've tried with scripting, etc. hasn't worked?

I have not had this problem.  I have a map in a Web Viewer (pretty much set up like the Contacts Starter Solution) that doesn't allow interaction, and it show in preview & prints.  And I have a map in a Web Viewer for multi points that allows interaction (not in preview) that also previews and prints.  The one thing I noticed when I first tried it, was I got an error message about it not fitting on the page, and the map was blank.  The reason for this was all my printing is done thru scripts on very different printers.  Because I was just doing a test, when I went to FM menu print, it had the parameters of the last printer (tractor fed 11" wide, 4 1/2" high.  After I changed the printer, it worked fine.

FM Pro 12 adv.

Windows 7

This topic is 3620 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.