Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Basic Script Help for Beginner

This topic is 3550 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi, 

My client has photos stored in a container field in a table. There are a few thousand, so obviously I need to script it. There are some examples for scripting an export from container fields out there, but I'm getting stuck with an 800 error "filename could not be created on this disk. Use a different name, make more room on the disk, unlock it or use a different disk." I'm trying to write to my /tmp/ folder, so permissions shouldn't be an issue and I don't see any other obvious problems. I've attached a screen shot of my script. Any ideas?

Once I get past this, I guess I'll see if the looping actually gets me through all the records in the table. 

Thanks!

Mark

post-111514-0-30921300-1405005098_thumb.

I'm trying to write to my /tmp/ folder, so permissions shouldn't be an issue and I don't see any other obvious problems.

This error usually indicates an invalid path. If you're trying to write to the (Filemaker) temporary folder, use the Get(TemporaryPath) function to get its path.

See also:

http://fmforums.com/forum/topic/45545-looping-script-to-extract-container-jpegs/?view=findpost&p=212714

• Newbies

Hi Comment,

Thanks. I'm using Get ( TemporaryPath ) now, but I'm still running into the issue. I even used the data viewer to see the filepath to the temp folder and set full 777 permissions to that folder, just in case. 

The data viewer shows my filepath as "filemac:/Macintosh HD/private/var/folders/2y/cs6gwg3s07j7j9k8n7px7f9h0000gn/T/S10.3/C00001.jpg". The expression is: "filemac:" & Get ( TemporaryPath ) & Contacts::_k_ContactID & ".jpg"

The other post was useful and helped me add a Show All Records and Go To Layout at the beginning. Attached is my updated script steps.

Thoughts?

post-111514-0-99529200-1405008533_thumb.

• 4 weeks later...

This topic is 3550 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.