Server Maintenance This Week. ×

PSOS not disconnecting client sessions

This topic is 3116 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard (64bit, 48gb ram) running FileMaker Server 13.0.9.905 and we have a problem where PSOS 'clients' are not getting disconnected after the script runs.  They eventually fill up the activity 'client' window and over a few days the server eventually stopped accepting new connections since we hit the 'maximum simultaneous script sessions' limit.  I have been watching this over a few months and the problem seems to go away after a reboot ... it seems to work fine for a few days disconnecting the session after the script runs, but then we go back to the same issue where it seems to never disconnect their session.

we have a handful of psos scripts that have the same result when the problem happens, it doesn't disconnect any of them.  

What's odd is that the users quit at night, so they are no longer connected and we have a 4 hour disconnect idle client setting ... and these ghost clients still are connected.  and they stay connected until i forcefully "disconnect" them (in the activity screen) or reboot the server.

the scripts that are running normally take about 5-10 seconds to complete normally ... they are a basic script that finds records and creates new records based on the found set.  I don't see any odd records appearing in the database (like an infinite loop occurring), and if an infinite loop was occurring I assume this wouldn't be a random situation but would always consistently not work.  Also in the log i see no reference to the session after the first minute of the script running even though it is still listed in the activity ... which implies to me that the session is not doing anything.

these scripts have the "exit script" step at various junctures, as an example ... if none found ... exit script, so the script rarely finishes without a true exit.

scratching my head on this one and wondering if anyone else has seen similar issues

Hi happymac,

The best way to troubleshoot a server script is to log sections as you go through them into your database. You can log to a 'script_log' table, and for this particular situation you can add a logging mechanism to the end of your script to see whether your script has really finished. If it did, indeed then you found a bug and you need to report that to FMI. If your script doesn't finish then you need to investigate where it hangs.

Since you cannot put a time limit on PSOS (unlike server scripts) this is your best bet.

Hope this helps,

Agi

This topic is 3116 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.