Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Sub Summary Reports by Month and Year

Kilroy024

This topic is 3096 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I have a customer database and with a customer table and a service call table.  I am looking to create a report that would summarize total payment received in each month and a total for any given year with a grand total of every year.  Not sure how to set up the layout part for the Year and Month so that they will produce the desired result.

Thank you for any assistance.

Greg

Hi Greg, attached is an example.  Note two things:  1) I am creating dates for the month so all records group together by month (called cMonthDate) and another field called cYearDate) which groups records by year.  You will need two fields which allow grouping of the records.  By using dates instead of number month and number year, these dates can be used in other ways as well.

Then to display only the year, or only the month  - for reports - use Inspector > Data tab and go to Data formatting to see the custom display of those fields.  Note also that the merge fields of those calculations can also be formatted custom.

If you wish for only the totals and not the details, you can actually delete the body. And you can delete the grouping by customer as well.  Read up on various reporting techniques in FM Help for additional ideas on reporting.

NEW_customer_services.fp7.zip

Edited by LaRetta
Attempt to replace files
  • Like 1

It appears that, the first attempts of attaching a file (when I dragged the files in) only placed text into my post (although they looked like links).  I was able just now to delete them just like regular text - they didn't show as attachments as they should have.

I now attached the file by 'selecting the file' instead of dragging and it seems correct since I can download it.  Thank you for assisting me, Lee!  :-)

Edited by LaRetta
  • Like 1

• Newbies
48 minutes ago, LaRetta said:

Hi Greg, attached is an example.  Note two things:  1) I am creating dates for the month so all records group together by month (called cMonthDate) and another field called cYearDate) which groups records by year.  You will need two fields which allow grouping of the records.  By using dates instead of number month and number year, these dates can be used in other ways as well.

Then to display only the year, or only the month  - for reports - use Inspector > Data tab and go to Data formatting to see the custom display of those fields.  Note also that the merge fields of those calculations can also be formatted custom.

If you wish for only the totals and not the details, you can actually delete the body. And you can delete the grouping by customer as well.  Read up on various reporting techniques in FM Help for additional ideas on reporting.

NEW_customer_services.fp7.zip

Thank you.  I appreciate the response.

Greg :cool::smile3:

14 minutes ago, LaRetta said:

I now attached the file by 'selecting the file' instead

It’s woking now. Good job in figuring this out. I’ll point this to Stephen for a bug report.

Lee

This topic is 3096 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.