Using FM14 with linux/wine

enquirerfm

This topic is 3004 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

2 hours ago, bcooney said:

No idea what you're talking about. Linux is not a supported OS.

Wine is a Windows emulator for Linux.

11 hours ago, enquirerfm said:

Does anyone have experience of this? I am interested to run FM as a standalone,  no developing.  

If you are looking for testimonials, I think you have a better chance finding them via Google.

Wine HQ doesn't go up to v14 - just thought some of your members might know but guess you're mostly developers who would have a view and so wouldn't use Linux anyway. Not much on Google.

Edited by enquirerfm

Running it on Wine would be outside of support parameters, which is not a good thing for business-critical applications.  That probably explains why there are very few here that would go there.

I would bet though that a lot of us do run Linux, but for some of our servers (MySQL, Ruby,...).  Just not for desktops.

On 23 January, 2016 at 7:46 PM, comment said:

Wine is a Windows emulator for Linux.

Wine = Wine Is Not an Emulator

The list is not really up to date: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=33

Last I tried this out, and it was admittedly a while ago, it didn't work well. There were all kinds of small niggles in the UI. Definitely would not recommend this route. If you really need FM on linux, your best bet would be to run a virtual machine with a supported OS.

Mike

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.