This topic is 2865 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a script that updates my Filemaker database by importing information from other SQL databases.  In this script is a dialogue that asks the user if they wish to continue as it takes a few minutes to complete.  I decided to schedule this script to run from the server every couple of hours but wanted to still be able to let a user run it if they needed to update the database in between the scheduled updates.  So,  I left the dialogue in but wrapped it between ( If and End If ) checking for MultiUserState = 2 so the dialogue step would not execute if running on the server because show dialogue is not compatible.   Well the script fails when running on the server (Schedule "Inventory & AR Update" scripting error (3) at "Inventory & AR Assistant v1 : 120.0 Update Control : Show Custom Dialog").

When the script is run from the server MultiUserState should return 1 and subsequently the Show Dialogue should not execute, correct>.  I also have Set Error Capture to On.

MultiUserState returns...

•
0 when network sharing is off
 •
1 when network sharing is on, you’re accessing the database file from the host computer, and either all users or a specific group of users (based on their privilege set) have network access to the database file
 •
2 when network sharing is on, you’re accessing the database file from a client computer, and either all users or a specific group of users (based on their privilege set) have network access to the database file

This topic is 2865 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.