CloudMail Unsubscribe Management

This topic is 2876 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi everyone,

I'm evaluating Cludmail, I've set up an AWS account and it's all working fine except for unsubscribe.

For testing purpose I've follewed the unsubscribe link and filled the form to unsubscribe an email address. Now if I try to send a campaign to this email adress I don't receive any error massage and the mail is not delivered.

If I remove the email address from AWS SES Suppression list the issue persist, while all the other emails works fine.

Can you help me?

Thanks in advance, regards

Hi T_C,

From what you are reporting, the unsubscribe is working as intended. When someone unsubscribes they are added to the CloudMail blacklist. If an email address is on this list then CloudMail will not send to the email, even if it is in the recipients list for a campaign. You will not get an error message when attempting to send an email to an unsubscribed address. 

The CloudMail blacklist and the AWS suppression list are separate entities. Email addresses are added to the AWS suppression list automatically when they have recently caused a hard bounce. You can remove emails from this list (there is currently not a way to view it) by the process you reported using. However, doing this does not remove the email address from the CloudMail blacklist. If you need to remove an email address from the CloudMail blacklist, you will need to use CMRemoveFromBlackList.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Hi Ryan,

thanks for the quick reply!

I've used CMRemoveFromBlackList, I'll let you know if I succeded!

Looking at the "Unsubscribe" section of http://docs.360works.com/index.php/CloudMail , what you wrote in the previous post is not fully explained, but now I understand.

After downloading the results with CMGetResultInfo, I don't get the unsubscribe record, how can I find out what are the unsubscribed email addresses in CloudMail?

I'm using your Demo file.

Thanks

This topic is 2876 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.