Joost Miltenburg

SaveAsPDF corrupted font or layout ?

8 posts in this topic

LS,

We recently migrated from FM14 to FM15 and suddenly some invoices come out strange after the saveAsPdf script step . ( see pic ). When in preview mode everything  seems to be ok and is printed to a printer ok.

Theme : Classic, Font used : Calibri size 11 and 12.

Problem occurs on Mac 10.11 and Win10 with FM15.

When I do a print ( to preview ( mac )) and then save as pdf everything is also ok, so it seems to be related to the FM pdf renderer.

However, not every invoice has this issue, but I wonder how data could cause this behaviour.

Best regards !

factuur_saveAs.png

15.0.2? I'd explore the possibility of a corrupted font.

Like I said, it happens in 15v1 as in 15v2 on Mac and Win.

Printing to pdf with a different tool, eg. Microsoft PDF writer ( win10 ) or Print to Preview and then Export as Pdf works fine.

Current font : Calibri. 

When I change te font to Arial, the problem seems to disappear.

Solution : this was caused by an 0x0 character pasted into a field by a user

Hi Joost, 

How can a user paste a 0x0 character in a field, and is that somehow visible in a regular layout, or did you have to find out by using the 'Code ( text )' function?

Ernst

Hi Ernst,

this usually is done by copy/pasting data from an email. A reference number for example. It is not directly visible in FM. If you move from character position to character position in the FM field you'll notice that you have to press the arrow key twice.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Mr. B
      We are Americans who are a non-profit and have a school for squatter children in the slums of the Philippines and would like to create student attendance database that provides various rewards. 
      Our goal is to encourage the kids to attend school who otherwise wouldn't and provide them with a reward point type of system. Each day they attend school, they get 5pts. If they remembered to wear their school uniform they get additional 5 pts.  At the end of the day or the end of the week, they can use their points and trade them in for rice, milk, things that will help them feed their family, get school supplies etc. 
      We would like to account for how often they come to track their daily attendance.  We are hoping to include other fields that would be helpful to medical assistance, needs, etc.
      As of now, we print and laminte, cutout little paper coins we give them and it is a lot of work. We have around 400-600 kids who attend class. Annually we have several large community events where we track the daily attendance during summer of up to 3,000 students who attend. This is all done by hand so a digital type system would really benefit, save time, manpower, and streamline what we are doing. 

To Summarize:
      - track attendance
      - reward attendance and such by point system
      - can use their student card points at cafeteria for snacks or for extra stuff as incentive to help their families.

If you know of something that would help us, or have some ideas, please let us know. 

~ Mark
    • By dysong3
      I have a number of scripts that have worked perfectly for years in previous versions of FileMaker, however in FMP 15 they causse FM to crash.  They only way I have found to avoid the crash is to use the debugger and to use the "step into" button.  That of course is a very cumbersome workaround. You can see one of the culprits below.  Anyone have any ideas what's wrong here?

• By matthewrollinson
      Hi!
      I recently moved my Filemaker databases to a new Windows server. And since then, I’m having sporadic “Database Server process has terminated abnormally” Error 701. This is accompanied in the Windows event logs with application error 1000, and these are the details:
      Faulting application name: fmserver.exe, version: 15.0.3.308, time stamp: 0x58124553
      Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.3.9600.18438, time stamp: 0x57ae642e
      Exception code: 0xc0000374
      Fault offset: 0x00000000000f1b70
      Faulting process id: 0x624
      Faulting application start time: 0x01d2a8b983d812e3
      Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\FileMaker\FileMaker Server\Database Server\fmserver.exe
      Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
      Report Id: 2fea4014-160e-11e7-80c2-109836ac1fba
      Faulting package full name:
      Faulting package-relative application ID:
      This did not happen on the older Windows Server, which was 2008. The new server is 2012 R2 Standard
      It first occurred on the first day I starting using the databases on the new server. So updated FM Server 15 to latest (15.3). I then performed all available Windows updates, updated Java. Then a few days elapsed before Filemaker failed again, with exact same errors.
      So I performed a recover on the databases within Filemaker, just to check. All fine. I also downgraded FM Server to version 14 to eliminate FM Server 15 as an issue. After downgrading to 14 we had 6 days then before it failed. But last night it went again with same errors.
      It seems to occur when a scheduled Filemaker script is being run on the server. But oddly, when the server is quiet, ie. After 18:00 when people have logged off and gone home, or at lunch break.  The Filemaker scripts are run every 30 mins during office hours, so run many many times over the days between failures with success, and did so for years before I moved to new server.
      When the 701 error occurs, I’m forced to reboot the server. It doesn’t auto restart the process after failure.
      I would be incredibly grateful for any advice on this. Anyone aware of issues similar?
    • By calebruth
      I tried to install MirrorSync 3.17 today on a MacOS with 10.12.3 and FMS 15.0.3.308. The installer is hanging at about 80% progress at "Running package scripts..."
      Is there an installer log file that I can examine?
      In addition I noted in the docs the restriction against multiple users sharing the same file on the same device:
      http://docs.360works.com/index.php/MirrorSync_advanced_topics#Can_I_share_a_device_among_multiple_users.3F
      I am wondering about the details of this restriction and is it possible for multiple users to share the same db file on the same device if there is no record filtering or record-level access features enabled?
    • By 123
      Hey,
      I want to use the same header on all my layouts in FileMaker Pro 15 Advanced but I can't seem to find a way to accomplish it. I read on Google and other forums that there is no way to do it, however the posts I found are all at least a year or two old. Did they add a way to do it in FileMaker 15 or do I still need to duplicate a layout to get the same header on a different one?
      Thanks in advance,
      Mike