Joost Miltenburg

SaveAsPDF corrupted font or layout ?

8 posts in this topic

LS,

We recently migrated from FM14 to FM15 and suddenly some invoices come out strange after the saveAsPdf script step . ( see pic ). When in preview mode everything  seems to be ok and is printed to a printer ok.

Theme : Classic, Font used : Calibri size 11 and 12.

Problem occurs on Mac 10.11 and Win10 with FM15.

When I do a print ( to preview ( mac )) and then save as pdf everything is also ok, so it seems to be related to the FM pdf renderer.

However, not every invoice has this issue, but I wonder how data could cause this behaviour.

Best regards !

factuur_saveAs.png

15.0.2? I'd explore the possibility of a corrupted font.

Like I said, it happens in 15v1 as in 15v2 on Mac and Win.

Printing to pdf with a different tool, eg. Microsoft PDF writer ( win10 ) or Print to Preview and then Export as Pdf works fine.

Current font : Calibri. 

When I change te font to Arial, the problem seems to disappear.

Solution : this was caused by an 0x0 character pasted into a field by a user

Hi Joost, 

How can a user paste a 0x0 character in a field, and is that somehow visible in a regular layout, or did you have to find out by using the 'Code ( text )' function?

Ernst

Hi Ernst,

this usually is done by copy/pasting data from an email. A reference number for example. It is not directly visible in FM. If you move from character position to character position in the FM field you'll notice that you have to press the arrow key twice.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Bill_misc_IT
      I have a solution to track employee expense reports which contains a container to store a pdf of related receipts.  Currently, I create a multiple page pdf of receipts in Apple Preview, then paste it into the container.  Was wondering if it was possible to create a FM script or AppleScript to drop a single, additional pdf into the container and "automatically" create multiple page pdf with the existing container contents?
      Thanks in advance!
    • By Floriano Vassallo
      how to edit scripts by displaying a repeating field ?
    • By Joost Miltenburg
      LS,
      All of a sudden the saveAsPdf script step produces this ( see picture ) result. It is an invoice, with almost all data screwed up. It looks like all letters were printed in the same column in stead of from left to right.
      To make things more complex, not all invoices print like this although they are using the same layout to print from.
      When I print to preview ( mac ) and the use the save as pdf options the invoice comes out great. 
      How can this be ? 

• By Asu
      Hello FM Mavens, 
      I would like to be able to change an attribute (happens to be the size) of a selection in a text window with a script. (Basically, as if moving the size selector from the Formatting Bar into a button on a layout).
      I created a script that cuts the selection, puts it in another text field, makes the change, cuts it out and goes back to the original field but by then the insertion point is gone. I can manually paste it back of course.  I wonder if there is a way to remember the insertion point somehow and make it a so the paste step uses it. 
      Thanks
      Asu

• By Nestor
      Hi,  I'm importing records and have a date field that i need to use to set my Fiscal year, month, week based on the fiscal year starting February 1st and ending January 31st.
      Any ideas or sample i might be able to take a look.

Thanks in advance.