By Chris Dragon
Crestline, CA - 2empowerFM Developer Assistant and Hands-Free Printer updates are now available to correct incompatibilities with FileMaker 17. All other 2empowerFM plug-ins have been tested as FileMaker 17 ready.
Developer Assistant v3.3 is available immediately at developer.2empowerfm.com. This is a free and recommended update for licenses purchased Feb 10, 2016 and later. In addition to FM 17 fixes, a number of bugs and errors that affect earlier FM versions were also fixed. Full details of fixes and changes can be found in the release notes.
Hands-Free Printer v3.66 is available immediately at print.2empowerfm.com. This is a free and recommended update for licenses purchased May 16, 2014 and later. In addition to FM 17 fixes, HFP for Windows corrects a bug in setting the 'All pages' checkbox and can now set msctls_trackbar32 printer-specific controls. Full details of fixes and changes can be found in the release notes.
About 2empowerFM Plug-ins
Our 2empowerFM line of plug-ins save you time during FileMaker development and add powerful features to your FileMaker solutions. Our plug-ins include:
2empowerFM Developer Assistant
- Quickly search all scripts to find ones containing a string or pattern.
- Find table names, function and script step names, field metadata, and more, without generating a DDR.
- Replace text in script steps and in the multi-line text boxes of any dialog.
- Debug and develop faster by evaluating highlighted expressions immediately instead of copying, closing dialogs, and pasting into FileMaker's Data Viewer.
2empowerFM Hands-Free Printer
- Automate printing and control printer-specific settings.
- Save money by enforcing the use of double sided and toner saver modes.
- Prevent costly mistakes like printing all records instead of current record.
2empowerFM Menu Popper
- Pop-up multi-level menus anywhere on a FileMaker layout.
- Use unique dropdown menus to show type-ahead search results from multiple searches.
- Make menu items bold, italic, underlined, bulleted, or add separator lines between items.
2empowerFM Keyboard and Mouse
- Easily link hotkeys to scripts, create image-map buttons, and change the mouse cursor.
2empowerFM SQL Runner
- Insert and Update data in any FileMaker table without changing layouts or creating extra table relationships.
- Use an SQL query in a calculated field to generate dynamic pop-up lists.
- One of our FREE plug-ins!
2empowerFM Text Toolkit
- Perform powerful search and replace in database text using Perl-compatible regular-expressions.
- Generate a hash of data using many algorithms including SHA512, SHA256, and MD5.
- Another FREE plug-in!
2empowerFM Clipboard Explorer
- Save and restore objects on the clipboard including stylized text, FileMaker scripts, and layout objects.
- Also totally FREE!
Pricing and Availability
Plug-in updates are available immediately at 2empowerFM.com
Updates for paid plug-ins are free for those who purchased a license within the last year, or longer if intervening plug-in releases contain only minor new features or small fixes. Check the dates posted in the release notes to see if you qualify for a free upgrade on your particular plug-in license. All older licenses may be upgraded for 50% off the price of an equivalent new license.
All plug-ins can be tested for 30 days free of charge and demos are fully functional. Up to three demo extensions are available upon request.
Dracoventions is a FileMaker Business Alliance (FBA) member located in Crestline, CA, USA. Dracoventions is focused on inventing software that empowers you to save development time, expand FileMaker's abilities, and create a better user experience.
With over 25 years of software engineering experience, company-founder Chris Dragon was inspired by the business needs of a FileMaker-based non-profit to create the 2empowerFM Family of Plug-ins. These plug-ins include Developer Assistant, Hands-Free Printer, Menu Popper, SQL Runner, Text Toolkit, and more. Plug-ins are available at 2empowerFM.com
So I created a solution in Filemaker Pro and its appearance looks great.... until I open it in WebDirect on a web browser. Fields are cut off at the bottom, styles like Condense condense wrong, and rectangle boxes don't show at their full size. Also, the padding spacing on radio buttons is completely ignored.
I've tried three different browsers: Safari, Firefox, and Google Chrome, and all show the exact same results. The only way I am even remotely able to change the appearance for the WebDirect browser page is by scrubbing out all the style changes (mostly Condense) and that still only changes about 20% of the inconsistencies.
Thank you for any help.
Is there a simple way to import various files (more than 2000) where tabs separate 9 different fields so that each import would populate the fields as they are?
The files are in UTF8 and PLAIN TEXT
Importing them with the FileMaker function : FILE->IMPORT->TEXT FOLDER simply brings each file in one records wich is useless to me as I then need to script them to separate each chunk into a different field
Importing each text file manually is impossible given the number of files in the folder
Each file is properly formatted therefore there would be no "empty" fileds in the import process
Any help would be highly appreciated
I am currently working on a database that will score our company's suppliers.
I have one table that contains all contact information for the suppliers (Suppliers), and another related table that contains the actual score entries (Scorecards). Suppliers are scored on pieces shipped on time and quality reports. We only ever send a scorecard to suppliers based on information from the current year, so I have a field in the Scorecards table for year. The layout I am working with is based on the Suppliers table, with a portal displaying the related entries from Scorecards in the specified year.
Now, where I'm running into trouble is my attempt to retrieve a total for Shipped pieces for a specific Supplier in a Specific year. In other words, how do I get FMP to take many related records, and sum only related records based on data in a third field?
I am designing a database for the inspection sheets used in our quality lab. Each of our parts has a different number of criteria that they need to be inspected for. This ranges anywhere from 5-15 dimensional requirements. I am wondering if there is anyway in FileMaker to display a varying number of both editable and uneditable fields. So for instance if somebody pulls an inspection sheet for a part with 6 different dimensional requirements, FileMaker will only show 6 uneditable fields describing the dimensions in question, and 6 editable fields for the user to type in their measurement. Then, if somebody pulls an inspection sheet with 10 dimensional requirements, it will display 10 instead.
Thank you for any assistance you all can offer!
Who Viewed the Topic